What's new
What's new

Sharp SV2412 Alarm 1060- Turret Servo Motor Overload

Radioactiv

Plastic
Just took delivery on a 2008 Sharp last week, 1100hrs on the machine and I saw the machine run, make tool changes and such.

Alarm 1060: Turret Servo Motor Overload

I was working on familiarizing myself with the machine when I entered M06 T02; trying to get it to make a tool change and this alarm came up.
I cannot find anything in the manual on this alarm.

Also I'm curious if the machine should spin the turret on startup, it never did here. I'm also wondering if there is any extra hook ups we are missing to get the turret to work? We basically through 220 and air to the machine and cut it on.

Unless your umbrella was parked at home, it should indeed home, when you home the machine, it goes Z, then X, Y, and umbrella at same time.

No special hookup, are you sure your phase direction is correct?

I will double check the phase direction. I have to manually make the Z, X, Y return to home position when I start it. Would there be a similar process for the umbrella?

you dont have a zero return button?
I park my XYZ away from home at shutdown. Power up, let all the control wake up (listen for pop), then hit home button. What control on yours?
Should be a home mode on your selector switch, then push the home button on your panel, look for same symbol

It does, I swap the selector switch to ZERORTN on the machine, then hit the Zero button. The table and spindle move but the tool changer does nothing.

Its a Fanuc OI-Mate C

It does, I swap the selector switch to ZERORTN on the machine, then hit the Zero button. The table and spindle move but the tool changer does nothing.
The tool changer should spin around to tool one when you use the ZRN button on startup.

Have you tried the manual controls for rotating the carousel?

I'd call Sharp and talk to Charlton. He should be able to troubleshoot it over the phone.

Just checked the back, the machine is tripping one breaker in the back which I assume is the one running to the turret. So the motor is overloaded in some fashion to trip it. Could cleaning the turret really well help? Its pretty dirty from the previous owner but it was working fine when I inspected it.

You're saying to swap the 3ph connection in the back if I am following you correctly? I believe it to be correct but will double check.

swap any two incoming power wires, yes

I pulled most of the ATC apart and cleaned everything well. It now zeros when the table does.

Entered M6 T2; and I get error 1940: Not at ATC Point.

I guess this is the trail by fire way to learn a machine

I have a 2412 2005 model. The only way to check if the phase is correct on this machine is turn on the coolant pump there is an arrow ton top of the coolant pump fan housing showing witch direction it should turn. The 1060 alarm is a common problem with this machine.

When the machine is turned on the control boots up.
The screen will say machine ready. WAITE until you hear two clicks one loud and one faint these are contractors kicking on then home the machine .If you home the machine to soon the carousel will turn and turn and then it will give you a 1060 alarm. Also after you home the machine the counter for the turret should be on tool 1.

I have fought with this 1060 alarm a lot If you still
have a problem just let us know.

I think that was my issue was not waiting long enough. So the 1060 alarm is fixed.

The 1940 is now giving me all the issue. I cannot manually move the umbrella over to the spindle so I'm assuming thats why it is tripping the alarm.

The Z seems to line up if I enter a tool change. I then can press the button on the air valve that runs the changer side shift. Pressing the button on the front panel does not work though. Im going to try to check those switches next.

I have not used the manual side shift button in years, but I seem to remember that you must first manually home the Z axis, then switch to manual mode, or was it MDI? Been years and I am not at the shop to check mine. But it has to be on that home switch.
I load all tools in every machine into the spindle and let the machine put them away, every time, but I have used it when diagnosing problems. (I had a wire break in the harness) Also, a common problem is that one day you home your machine and the umbrella will just turn and turn.....little bitty set screw on the rotation motor works loose and it looses itself.

Interesting, if I have to manually home the Z axis how do I got about doing it? Not finding anything in the manual. Ive been talking to a guy at Sharp but he doesnt seem to be able to understand what were dealing with.

I have the ZRTN button and a button in the control that zeros out machine. Z wont move unless I put it in Jog mode, and when I do that it alarms out with Z overtravel

Back