What's new
What's new

ShopSabre vs PlasmaCAM Pros and Cons

reddog54

Plastic
Hi everyone
I am considering purchasing a 4’ x 8’ CNC plasma cutting table. This is all new to me so if I make a stupid comment or ask a stupid question please bear with me. This is going in a small home shop to do fabrication of 3/8” mild steel and ¼” Stainless (or thinner). Recently ordered a Hypertherm Powermax 45 XP with a CPC port and plan to use that for hand cutting and on a CNC table.

I have a budget of around 20k for a good entry level CNC cutting table and my eyes are glazing over looking at all the different models out there. I finally narrowed it down to PlasmaCAM or ShopSabre and want to get some inputs from people that are using this equipment so if you could please tell me some of the pros and cons for each one and any good or bad experience you have had.

If you have another brand you feel would do a better job that fits my budget I am open to suggestions for that as well. The only thing that will not change is the plasma cutter.

As stated earlier this is all new to me as I have mainly used chop saws and a welder to get by with what I need but things are changing and the work needs to be more precise and repeatable. Also, I have limited experience with CAD/CAM software so I know I have a big learning curve ahead so the more user friendly the software the better.

Look forward to your replies.
Steve

Back