What's new
What's new

Siemens 810d

johnyj

Plastic
Hi,Purchased a CNC machine with a siemens 810d control.
I am a Heidenhain user so am not farmiliar with Siemens but it came with this machine, is there anyone that can help me out please as i am having difficulty in running more than one programme at once.
At the moment i am running single programmes from the installed flash card in the siemens 810d control but need to run more than a single programme.
When i used Heidenhain i just created a programme say call it your name for instance johny in TNC and then inside that programme named the programmes to run ie call programme 1
call programme 2 and so on
So in TNC you would then call programme i named johny and it would run all the programmes named inside that.
If anyone knows the procedure in Siemens 810d to do this it will be greatly appreciated.
Also can someone tell me what to put in for Datum shift in Siemens 810d so i can put this inside the programme that i create to run more than a single programme at a time if i need to cut more than one job on the machine?
Kind Regards
Johny.

Bottom center - soft key "program manager"
May need to hit "Menu Select" hard button (LRH corner of CRT) a time'r two to get that soft key to pop up.

That brings up a Master Directory page that you might enter a customer file name by clicking soft key RH side "new"

Once you have a file name there that you like, highlight it and use the arrow right button. "select" may work?

Now you have "Customer1" directory, and you click NEW again to start a new program.

I don't know anything about downloading, but you are obviously editing an old program, so ....

----------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Bottom center - soft key "program manager"
May need to hit "Menu Select" hard button (LRH corner of CRT) a time'r two to get that soft key to pop up.

That brings up a Master Directory page that you might enter a customer file name by clicking soft key RH side "new"

Once you have a file name there that you like, highlight it and use the arrow right button. "select" may work?

Now you have "Customer1" directory, and you click NEW again to start a new program.

I don't know anything about downloading, but you are obviously editing an old program, so ....

----------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox
Thank you for reply.I have managed to create a folder inside the master Directory but i would like to know how to then add a selection of programmes inside that programme i have created in the Master Directory so as they will run continuos one programme after another.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Johnyj

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say you want to run one program after another. Are you talking about running a main program that jumps into a sub program?

...tried to call you the other night Dave, but unfortunately you had your caller ID hooked up. :(

Was trying to figger out how to program Block Delete (skip) on these.
I went ahead and edited the program, but still would like to know.
Manual mentions /0 through /9, but near as I can tell it is prog'd the same as any other, but it alarms out.

???

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hi Dave,
Yes running a main program that jumps into a sub program is what i am wanting to do.
So in the main program i can enter x amount of sub programs to run.
Hope this is clear on what i am wanting to do,i appreciate the help.
Thanks
Johnyj.

...tried to call you the other night Dave, but unfortunately you had your caller ID hooked up. :(

Was trying to figger out how to program Block Delete (skip) on these.
I went ahead and edited the program, but still would like to know.
Manual mentions /0 through /9, but near as I can tell it is prog'd the same as any other, but it alarms out.

???

---------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Sorry Ox. If I don't recognize the number, it goes to voice mail. I get so may junk calls. I'll take a look at mine and see if I have an idea. I'll p.m. you with results.

Hi Dave,
Yes running a main program that jumps into a sub program is what i am wanting to do.
So in the main program i can enter x amount of sub programs to run.
Hope this is clear on what i am wanting to do,i appreciate the help.
Thanks
Johnyj.

Sorry, I'm not much help with that. I'm using the "shopmill" side of the control, and don't know if it can even be done from there. I'm sure it's capable, but only on the "g-code" side of the control.

But he can doo local subroutines laid out similar to that of the Dynapath.

You put a "MARK1" at the begining of your routine, and a "MARK2" at the end, then you can call routine 1 to 2 again in the future. You will see these soft keys and should be able to figger it from there.

Dave - you need to prog my # in that thar phone so when I call to pick your brain @ O'Dark:30 at night _ it says
"Hey! We gots us a call from that good lookin' Ox guy commin in ratt now!"
Bounce.gif

Yeah - that's it .... :D

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

But he can doo local subroutines laid out similar to that of the Dynapath.

You put a "MARK1" at the begining of your routine, and a "MARK2" at the end, then you can call routine 1 to 2 again in the future. You will see these soft keys and should be able to figger it from there.

Dave - you need to prog my # in that thar phone so when I call to pick your brain @ O'Dark:30 at night _ it says
"Hey! We gots us a call from that good lookin' Ox guy commin in ratt now!"
Bounce.gif

Yeah - that's it .... :D

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

LOL! Next time I know it's you, I'll make it a "contact".

Ox, I played around with everything I can think of, and can't find any "block delete" feature to use. I tried using the markers to see if I could mark an area, then tell it to skip that area, but no dice. Looks like that's just to set it to repeat the marked part of the program XXX amount of times. Could it be that the block delete feature is only available on the G-code side?

Pretty sure that the manual had it in the Shop Mill side, but that's what I was wonderin' too....

???

Who knows - maybe there is a third person out there _ somewhere _ that might have a Siemens...
???

-------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I'm read the thread but kinda of confused
but if you just want to repeat the sub just
and if the 810D acts like the 840C or 840D
just add the P at the end of the sub callout

L100 p4;repeat 4x

then to shift the program over, you can say something like this

R50=-4
L100 P4

;L100 sub
R50=R50+4;say you want to shift x over 4 inches for every part
TRANS X=R50
;your program
M17;RET also works

make sure to use the TRANS statement to reset it

Pretty sure that the manual had it in the Shop Mill side, but that's what I was wonderin' too....

???

Who knows - maybe there is a third person out there _ somewhere _ that might have a Siemens...
???

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Ox, I figured it out, I think. I tested this, and it seemed to work on mine. Just move your cursor ( high light?) to the very left of a line, then type in the "/" without the quotations. The forward slash will jump in front of the line, and then it works as it would on any G code program.

You mean to somehow get in front of the N?
OK - I'll try that, but the manual says that you can put the / in the middle of any line and it will only skip the fields that are after it, so ... ???

I'll try it...

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well I had it in the first space of the line, but the control stops short and throws a syntax error.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well I had it in the first space of the line, but the control stops short and throws a syntax error.

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Odd. Are your blocks numbered? Mine are, and I put the hi-light right on the block number. When you type the / it should pop in behind the block number. Mine did anyway. I wonder if we have to different versions of software. They guy that trained me on it said that seimans was famous for changing things often.

Sounds like you are able to git'cher curser further to the left than I can.

???

Maybe I'll try holding my mouth differently...

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back