What's new
What's new

Signs put on machine by employer/boss

solidworkscadman

Hot Rolled
Browsing ebay saw a machine with this sign on it, got me thinking

What are the best signs you have, or have seen on a machine?

$_57.jpg

this is the sign zoomed in

Capture.JPG

I like signs on machines that read Mori-Seiki, Mazak or Okuma.

I like to put vividly descriptive text/instructions in code directed at specific operators instead of signs.

I bought a TIG welder that had a sign that said "do not stack trash in front of welder". I don't think it got used much...

Not a sign, but one machine we had used a yellow beacon that flashed when it was on an M0, M1, or M30. We took a box that just fit over it and cut out little happy face shapes on the box. Went from annoying to cute.

On our Makino A88:

uBEHDOO.jpg

On the same machine, there is also a sticker that is this (without the cafepress watermark behind it). I don't seem to have a real picture of it though.

1geCS9V.png

Bright orange signs that read: "NO METAL ON METAL"

Meaning don't stack parts on top of parts or whatever.

I'd always turn to the guy next to me though and point at it saying "well then how the hell am I supposed to make any damned parts!"

I liked the die shop manager (plastic injection molds) who put "Parking Tickets" on any die that had been sitting too long without anyone working on it. Recollection is it was at Kodak.

I worked in a sheet metal shop that had a sign on the three roll-roll former "do not put genitals near moving rolls"

The boss here hates finger prints on the doors around the shop. He put up signs that read
"Use the knob or lose your job!"

In all fairness, the shop had just been painted and some one unthinkingly pawed the door.

I put a sign on the surface grinder left dirty over night.

"First and last chance notice. Pack up and stop by office for clearing check on your way out. The boss"

No, I was not the boss.

I thought it just a funny joke and almost got myself fired.

And it wasn't the machine user who complained, that person thought it funny... It was another who went balling all over that I had put up the sign.

I put a sign on the surface grinder left dirty over night.

"First and last chance notice. Pack up and stop by office for clearing check on your way out. The boss"

No, I was not the boss.

I thought it just a funny joke and almost got myself fired.

And it wasn't the machine user who complained, that person thought it funny... It was another who went balling all over that I had put up the sign.
Sounds like the "adult daycare center" wher I work. But the guys aren't man enough to say things to your face, but are child enough to go and run to a manager and cry. Been involved in several HR investigations in my career, and the older I get the more I see it happening with these young guys.

Back