What's new
What's new

Simple CNC machine project, advices, best parts to buy?

vujeva1995

Plastic
Greetings, I`m engineering student from Bosnia and I`m interested to build my own CNC machine. All useful infromation are good, such as best motors for right price, materials and all other useful advices. My goal is to build my first CNC machine, and I want it to be low cost. I want to show my future employer that I`m capable to work in this area, so I need some bad ass CNC. If you can recommend some guide or book that I can follow that would be great. I hope you can help me with my project. Thanks

If you want to build your own cnc machine, you should read a lot in the forums. But be warned this is a forum for industrial and production machines mainly.

If you want information and how to easily build a hobby cnc machine, you better head out to the "zone" instead, they are more open minded towards hobby machines.

Try reading couple of servo manuals and you'll quickly get the idea about industrial components and whats needed to drive them.

After that its all getting complicated and more precise, spindle bearings, atc, how what and where.
Real parts cost money, real money,
So what's it going to be, hobby toy or production machine?

Marko

I agree with Marko: If you want to build a proper CNC mill that will cut steel, it will cost you. Even a relatively small machine will easily be €10.000 if you use proper servos, screws and ways. I don't think I have ever seen a home/shop built CNC-mill with proper rapids. They might exist but it would probably be cheaper to buy a used machine and rebuild the worn parts.

Back