What's new
What's new

Some new old machines on the near horizon

PegroProX440

Hot Rolled
We just picked up some old Makinos at auction yesterday and should be here in the next week or two. We got a 2000 SNC 64 for graphite and a 2001 V33. They have quite a lot of hours but I know the people that have worked there and used them and said they were still solid performers despite their age. The SNC has a fourth axis in it as well.

Both have HSK spindles with shrink and we got tons of tooling with it. So HSK and shrink fit tooling is new to me even though I have read as much as possible on them over the years. We still need to buy a shrink fit machine for the changeovers.

a Boat load of the tools are the slimline shrink fit chucking system adapters. I'm not familiar with these but how are they compared to single piece shrink fit holders. I can not imagine them being as robust.

So the reason I am posting other than obvious excitement is for any feedback on what to do next. Should I contact Makino to have them set it up? Is there any good information out there, I did not get the manuals yet but will shortly. Im use to a Fanuc 16i-m control, how different is this control. And tips on tools, work holding, machine limitations? Thanks in advance and pics to follow soon.

Back