What's new
What's new

Source for Blasocut 2000 Universal.

moldcore

Hot Rolled
Looking for another source for this cutting fluid. My local distributor wants $160 for 5 gallons. He buys it in 55 gallon drums and repackages it in 5 gallon pails with a magic maker on the label. I like the fluid but I’m not paying that price for it ever again. I’ve got a feeling from talking to other shops that they won’t sell out of their territory so I may be screwed. I have no need for a 55 gallon drum of the crap. I have enough to last about 3 months so I may need some suggestion for a replacement.

You could try my supplier. Newco Products (518) 899-7859 ext. 18 Deborah. They drop ship mine from the factory.
Good luck. Thanks for reminding me to order some more myself.:)

I buy from Camden Tool, 1-800-776-5316...just ordered 2ea. 5 gal buckets for 122.50ea. not including shipping. Sounds like you need to call Blaser direct and ask about the pricing.
Carl

if you are near salt lake, ATS sells it. i bought a 5 gallon factory packaged bucket for around $135 last fall and it was in stock. their number is 801-276-0234.

good luck
Mike

Mike, ATS is where I got my last bucket for $160 and it wasn’t factory packaged..

Carl, Thanks for phone # of Camden Tool, however the shipping cost on five gallons to Utah was going to be $45 from wherever they are.

ARB, I tried Newco and they aren’t allowed to sale/ship out of their territory. Shipping would have been too high anyway.

I guess I’ll use what I have left and switch to another brand. Most others are in the $80 range for 5 gallons. Any suggestions for cutting 7075 Alum?

FWIW, my dad & I use coolant only in his manual lathe, and rarely. We filled it with ValCool (Valenite) VP Tech, a semi-synthetic that is good for all materials. I got a discount on it, but list price is only $116 for a 5 gallon pail. It has been in there for just over a year now, still smells fresh.

Are you guys that are using the Blaser 2000 using the straight 2000 or the 2000CF? The CF is a completely different product; it's a soluble oil.

Mike,

I am contemplating a change to Blasocut and I have a sample of it in my lathe. The tech guy who came by the shop and brought me a partial bucket said that even though the 5 gal was more than the other coolant I was using, I should save money in the end because you use less of the coolant. In other words it was discribed to me that Blasocut was more concentrated so you use less to acheive the correct mixture. I think the price I was quoted was very similar to the one you have so $160 may not be out of line. Keep it in mind if the salesman you use is repackaging the mix then he has to pay for the bucket and his time.

Charles

Blasocut 2000 Universal LF

Is this used full strength or diluted? What is the mix ratio? We will be using it in a Mori Seiki lathe, cutting polypro & 316 SS

There are a lot of alternatives out there for a much cheaper price, but I hear you.
The last time we saw big run-ups in coolant prices was when crude oil prices hit new highs a few years ago. They never came back down. Otherwise we've been happy with the Trim line from Master Chemical

Back