What's new
What's new

Source for ER collet version of Brookfield style tool holders.

AAA

Aluminum
Another machinist told me he'd heard that someone is making an ER collet version of the Brookfield style tool holders, but he didn't recall the manufacturer. Anyone know who this is?

Another machinist told me he'd heard that someone is making an ER collet version of the Brookfield style tool holders, but he didn't recall the manufacturer. Anyone know who this is?

Fair-obvious the straight-shank can be held in any appropriate-size limited-collapse ER collet.

Or shall we guess you meant goods with a shank plate that had an ER shaped tail, captured nose-nut, directly mounted into the ER holder, and needed no collet?

Bill

Fair-obvious the straight-shank can be held in any appropriate-size limited-collapse ER collet.

Or shall we guess you meant goods with a shank plate that had an ER shaped tail, captured nose-nut, directly mounted into the ER holder, and needed no collet?

Bill

No as I said a Brookfield style holder as far as adjustment goes, but instead of using V blocks to clamp the drill uses and ER32 collet.

No as I said a Brookfield style holder as far as adjustment goes, but instead of using V blocks to clamp the drill uses and ER32 collet.

Ah so. IOW - still has the 'floating' adjustment feature between ER-system and arse-end?

TG system might be another one to search on, then. Seems to score more 'wins' over ER where seriously firm grip is on the menu.

That said, seems to me the Vee-block would be the more useful where tool shank was other-than round, on-centre or otherwise.

Bill

I changed the V holders for small ER11 collect chucks.

Also bought an ER25 round disk chuck, that can be used on rotary table with the intention of milling it down to fit on the V holders.

ER Lathe Collet Chucks - Arc Euro Trade

View attachment 148189

Edit-

Adjustable DA collet holder.

Somma Tool Company - Straight Shank "ER" Collet Chuck Extensions

ER Adjustable Collet Holder
https://www.sommatool.com/catalog/collets/floating.er.collet.chucks.asp

Is that a S and B model L? what tapping head do you use?

Have a few, one similar to the old Archer type, friction disk.

Another where there is a small plug inside with a slot that pulls forward off a cross pin to make it freewheel at end of stroke.

The there is the one that pulls forward off two pins to release the drive.

Had four of these Model L's until I bought the turning centre.

Bought New and reconditioned from Bracehand in the 1980's

Back