What's new
What's new

Speeds and Feeds Apps

jc39

Plastic
A little more than a year ago I started to use a app called FSwizard Pro speeds and feeds ,we find it really good in general and now hand the apprentices the tablet with the app when they ask me about speeds and feeds it has saved countless hours instead of using the old formulas.

Where it is poor is the cnc turning info does anyone have a app or chart that would give us constant surface speed info for our cnc lathe we are working on a chart through trial and error, any help appreciated.

What do you mean a chart for constant surface speed? G96 does that for you, right?

Edit: or do you mean a surface speed guide for different materials? For that I'd look up all my insert information as different grades, coatings and chipbreakers will have different effects even if the size and nose radius are the same.

There is a company in Cincinnati that puts out A "Machining Data Handbook"
That I used in my many years of teaching CNC lathes and mills.
SFM round numbers: HS drills is 100 SFM in mild steel like 1018
Coated Carbide inserts. start at 400SFM, watch your tool life, then go faster.
Harder steels or stainless are all covered also.
After a while the numbers fall into a pattern and you start remembering.
Good luck. Heinz, doccnc.

A little more than a year ago I started to use a app called FSwizard Pro speeds and feeds ,we find it really good in general and now hand the apprentices the tablet with the app when they ask me about speeds and feeds it has saved countless hours instead of using the old formulas.

Where it is poor is the cnc turning info does anyone have a app or chart that would give us constant surface speed info for our cnc lathe we are working on a chart through trial and error, any help appreciated.

What's wrong with turning there?
In fact it uses almost the same speeds and feeds as milling, but with some adjustments....
Is it too fast, slow, or too heavy?

Back