What's new
What's new

Spindle rebuilding

spope14

Stainless
I have an anilam "Eagle 750" that needs a spindle rebuild. It is a cartridge type, so easily removed and sent out. The spindle 'knocks" a bit, but the tool "pull" tends to fall out of adjustment, thus not grabbing the tool, or letting it go. Sounds like the compresion washers are gone bad.

Need some ideas for spindle rebuilders. heard of one in Cleveland, but name escapes me. They wanted 3000.00 anyway. Sure there are more.

scope, I had mine re-built here in Houston for $1700. That was new 3pack, and 2-pack sets of bearings. While waiting on the bearings to ship in I took the spindle to a grinder,and had him regrind the taper. I delivered the spindle back to the rebilder, and had him assemble in his clean room. The compression washers I ordered and installed myself, at a different time.
I will see if I can find the info if your are interested.
Doug.

Hello spope.

http://www.setcousa.com/

I like the look of these guys. Very impressed with the work they do with Air shielding.
Seems to me, from this far away, they have regional offices all over.

McMaster Carr, have a good listing of Disc Springs in there catalogue. If you are going to do that part of it your self, make sure you get disc “springs” not disc washers.

Look for the specification Din 2093 relating to springs. I’ve been caught out before using washers that a vendor supplied, only to have them crumble in a week. Quality disc springs should be machined on the O.D and I.D and have a broken chamfer on the I.D to stop them cutting into the draw bar bolt. A disc washer is normally only pressed / punched and will have draw lines around the perimeter.

Regards Phil.

I built spindles for Ingersoll for many years. I would be glad to talk you through the drawbar spring replacement or a complete bearing replacement but I like to have some king of drawing to get an idea of what is in there. Fischer and Setco are good. Precise in Michigan is another place. Call Bourn and Koch in Rockford Illinois.

Back