What's new
What's new

Spindle repair in Western Canada/Washington state?

ManualEd

Stainless
Looking to have the spindle on a Mazak SQT15 rebuilt.

Vancouver/Seattle/Alberta oil fields must have thousands of spindles turning, but theres only 1 or 2 results for spindles(and I'm not sure if they do machine tool spindles).

Are there any companies in the PNW doing spindles?

C&M Precision Spindle at Tualatin, Oregon (just south of Portland).

Edit
Sorry, didn't see the post above was referring to the same people so I second the post.

Shipping, brokerage fees, and uncertainty of import/export duties is making this into a pretty big job.

Has anyone ever heard of Colonial Tool in Windsor, Ontario?

I don't know how far north of the border you are, but unless it's something really huge, can't you toss it in the trunk of your car and drive it down?

I don't know how far north of the border you are, but unless it's something really huge, can't you toss it in the trunk of your car and drive it down?

As soon as its for a business, its a commercial good.

Means the paperwork must be done through an approved broker, as far as I've been told.

Otherwise I would have hopped on down to Bellingham, Saved $2500 on shipping and brokerage, and shipped it to Ohio from there.

I thought about purchasing it personally from the business, drive it across, get it repaired and what not, then sell it back to the business, but then it wouldn't be covered under the insurance in case the whole spindle was damaged or lost.

I didn't think it would be that much of a PITA. Isn't it " MADE IN USA " ? I can't see why there would be any duty either way really.

Or does this have to do with the whole " making sure you're not selling it to Iran " BS?

I didn't think it would be that much of a PITA. Isn't it " MADE IN USA " ? I can't see why there would be any duty either way really.

Or does this have to do with the whole " making sure you're not selling it to Iran " BS?

I think its mostly to make sure I'm not trying to sell it in the USA.
They want some kind of bond that they refund when you take it back to Canada.
I don't want to say that its only worth $3000, because if it gets damaged, insurance would likely only pay out the $3000, not the $10000 or $15000 a used replacement would cost.

Back