What's new
What's new

Spindle Toast on Mazak PFH-4800. Who to send it to?

Techguy

Hot Rolled
The title pretty much says it all. I bought bearings from a place a couple years ago who said the rebuild a ton of Mazaks but I can't remember who it was. Suggestions for vendors?

Thanks,
Dan

I figured out it was Spindles plus in Ohio. I will call them Monday. I am open to other suggestions near Minnesota. I am not looking forward to being down as this is my only mill.

Seems like I got a flyer from SKF the other day and they are in the greater Chicagoish area IRRC.. I could be all wet too.

I just had Spindle Repairs - Professional Spindle Repair on all major OEMs - FREE QUOTE - Motor City Machine Tool Repair, LLC rebuild a spindle for me with a quick turnaround and a fair price.

Closer to you in Grafton, WI is Customized Solutions for Linear & Rotary Motion | Slides | Spindles | Gilman Precision, USA SKF bought them to learn the spindle repair business and recently spun them back off and sold to employees after SKF set up shop in Cleveland. I've used Gilman slides and spindles in custom machines for years.

Dan we have a facility in Bloomington IL that could help with all your repair needs. Let me know if you are still in need.

Out in the Chicagoland Don from Weimer Bearing is a real spindle guru, very honest and very smart and a super great guy to work with. Weimer Bearing has an office in Eau Claire as well.

Weimer Bearing & Transmission > Home

Otherwise maybe call Productivity INC. They will not technically service Mazak but should have some contacts for a good spindle rebuild.

Services | Benning Inc. in MN and Maintenance Service Corp | Service & Repair in WI

I used to do them too when i had the shop. Now I don't have the right tools anymore. Those rebuilds need a clean room, bearing heaters and someone that does them daily if not weekly.

I would ask about their warranty, the spec they will guarantee and be sure to make sure they use quality bearings and grease. Ask the questions before and get it in writing. A quality rebuilder will be happy to provide this info. Many times it is cheaper and faster in the long-run to send them back to the factory and exchange with a rebuilt one on the shelf. Rich

Back