What's new
What's new

Stay in shape for CNC work.

Heinz R. Putz

Stainless
I worked for many, many years in Tool-Diemaking in Chicago and around the US, even when I was young, I was usually really tired at the end of the day.
Now my work in CNC teaching is a lot more exciting and I love it, but I get tired a lot faster.
What to do: Well I started working out with a young gentleman here, his name is Justin and he has a workout program I recommend.
Look it over, it should help you too. FitnessPatterns
Do not ask CNC questions, that is my job at doccnc.com

I worked for many, many years in Tool-Diemaking in Chicago and around the US, even when I was young, I was usually really tired at the end of the day.
Now my work in CNC teaching is a lot more exciting and I love it, but I get tired a lot faster.
What to do: Well I started working out with a young gentleman here, his name is Justin and he has a workout program I recommend.
Heinz, your inventive and relentless ways of creating opportunities for free advertising for your self are getting beyond tedious. If you mention your services in every post you make, then it appears that is the only reason you post. Which, if so, will eventually result in your inability to post anything here.

What you get upto with young men should remain your own business.

The first time I read this post that ^^^^^ went right over my head. I do not know how "Do not ask CNC questions" can be misunderstood. I hadn't ever made this connection until now.

This thread has to rate right up there with the one about yogurt.:D

Brent

I was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to say something about that? EVERY post is an advertisement for this guy, getting very old! And now he's spamming a workout program for a friend? Anyone else would be crucified here for a lot less.....

i was wondering how long it was going to take for someone to say something about that? Every post is an advertisement for this guy, getting very old! And now he's spamming a workout program for a friend? Anyone else would be crucified here for a lot less.....

craftsman, atlas, grizzly, sherline, taig:fight:

To be fair, the guy offers FREE, yes FREE CNC programming & help, over the phone to those who will take him up on his offer. I've persoanlly never used his services, in any facility, or over the phone, but he has offered to help people FOR FREE over the web and over the phone with programming as setup info. I've seen him offer it many times on here.

If my memory serves me correct, he only makes money on DVD sales and on site visits.

As far as exercise is concerned, this is the official Dumb Sledders pre-season training regimen.
You may want to edit it for your own lifestyle, but this should toughen up most folks....

Here is an off season training plan, and some things to help you be ready for the best part of the snowmobiling season

1. [*]Go to your local snowmobile repair shop, smile and give the first guy you see $200. This will get you used to spending money there on a regular basis.
    [*]Fill a 50-gallon barrel with sand. Lower it into a hole. Now lift it out. If you can, add water to the sand and try it again. Do this 5 times per day. This will get your back in shape for those deep snow stucks.
    [*]Tie a rope to a heavy-duty spring. Pull the rope repeatedly with each arm until the pain in your shoulders meets somewhere in the middle of your back. This will get you in shape for starting your buds sled, that he conveniently forgot was out of gas and didn't tell you. It's best to do this exercise while someone is spraying starting fluid into your nose and eyes also.
    [*]Drink four ounces of cod liver oil mixed with a strong laxative. Dress with long underwear, wool pants, snowmobile bibs, insulated boots and a heavy coat. Walk far into the woods without any paper products and wait for a personal emergency. This will get you prepared for the Beer Shits that come out of nowhere and at the wrong time.
    [*]Place your hands in a bucket of ice water for 20 minutes. Put the carburetor from your lawn mower in the bottom of your deep freeze.
    [*]Now climb in the deep freeze, shut the lid and overhaul it while holding a pen light in your mouth. This gets you prepared to work on your sled in the freezing cold and black of night. Advanced riders do this with a leatherman tool.
    [*]Dress up in your new $350 snowmobile bibs. Pour 2 stroke oil down the right leg, gasoline down the other and Peppermint Schnapps and Beer all over the front. Fill your boots with ice cubes and ask your wife or girlfriend to dance. This will prepare her for the stops at the local bar after a ride.
    [*]Put on a Balaclava and a full-face helmet. Attempt to drink hot chocolate through the opening. Advanced riders attempt this while riding a lawn tractor over in the nearest farmers field.
  2. Find a place where you can pay $3.50 a gallon for regular gas; $19.99 per quart for oil; $16 for hamburger and frozen french fries; $3 for a coke and $60 to sleep in a cold cabin on a bed with springs sticking through the mattress. Stay for two nights, minimum. This will prepare you on the high cost of your future winter trips.
  3. Practice explaining to your banker why you need another loan for a $40,000 truck to pull the four $10,000 toys, in your $9,000 trailer, that you still owe $40,000 on.

Now, you are %50 ready and somewhat conditioned to head for the Mountains and ride your sled.

Have fun!

I have no idea what happened on that cut'paste, but the text that I cut from had every text line up one on the numbers, and it was numbered 1-10. There is not 11 at all.

:willy_nilly:

FWIW - I use a Swiss Army knife.
Otherwise all the same... :Yawn:

--------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Hmmm, can't disagree with nofxz a whole lot, but that's not the point of the thread.

Any exercise is good. No harm in pointing out a way to be healthier. If it's plugging a friend with a biz, let him join and advertize per policy though!

Sounds like to me is you are letting the bastards wear you down! You need a long vacation, maybe retirement.

"Hey mom get over here and hold this hand wheel and look like your doing something. I'm going to take a picture that gives my customers the impression I teach 90 year old ladies CNC Programming on a regular basis."

FROM DOCNC.COM

IMG_1111.jpg

Step right up....get your copy of "G & M code flash cards" help exercise your mind...

Waterproof plastic, just $29.95

Back