What's new
What's new

Where to find info on Datametrics encoders.

Mark M.

Aluminum
Hello everyone. I took that plunge and bought the Excello 605 cnc knee mill for my home shop. It has a Dynapath system 10 for driving the axis.

After some examination of the control I think it needs some steamlining (read gut it). I will keep the power supply and some of the periphials needed to make a system.

I got the model number off the Datametrics encoders (S-9705) and went searching on the net for info as to what ppr's they might be. Was'nt to successfull. Datametrics web site doesnt even mention anything about encoders in there product line. Do any of you know if perhaps Datametrics sold of there encoder producing portion?

If so to who? I would like to retain them if they are compatible for the retofit.

Also, it looks like I would be using Rutex 2020 drives for the servos because of the volts/amp requirements of the exsisting servos. Any suggestions on a breakout board that would be a good companion for these drives? I've looked at so many my head is spinning :confused:

Thanks for any help.......Mark

Hey Mark, Google "datametrics encoder S-9705A "

Got several hits on your encoder that way. Most of them repair places. you may be able to contact one one of them and get the PPR. Shoot you may even be able to get rid of them if you are gonna replace them. Seem kind of rare anymore may get a good price. Who knows though.

Dave

Dave, thanks for the reply. I actually want to use these in my retrofit if they will work for my situation so hanging on to them is my first option. And yea I came up with the same results when I did a search. Seems there are places that will repair them but I'm looking for the specs.

Thanks again

Our shop has a Ex-Cell-O 605 CNC mill with Dynapath system 10 controls. We too needed information on the Datametrics LC-23 series model S-9705 encoders but the company that made them is no longer in business. We needed a replacement encoder.

We were eventually led to BEI motion systems. We sent them our 2 good Datametric S-9705 encoders which they tested to gather the needed information as to voltage, counts per turn etc. and they were able to type and cross reference it to one of the many encoders in their product line. Cost each was $425.00 so we replaced all three. The mill and the new encoders function perfectly! The new encoder supplied were nearly plug and play! So if you need a replacement encoder(s) give BEI a call...talk to Eric (He was awesome and helpful) her is their number (805)968-0782 and here is a link to their website...http://www.beiied.com/

Cheers!

Peter,

I recently bought a CNC 605 myself and am trying to rebuild it with modern controllers. Did your CNC 605 come with any kind of user or parts manual, or did you only get a simple 602 manual plus some schematic drawings?

I have copies of the original schematics (full sized blueprints), but I am unable to find a user manual or parts manual anywhere on the net, even at archive.org. It would be nice and useful to have more detailed information on this machine.

Torin...

Maybe Peter can post the BEI replacement part number for the Datametric S-9705 encoder. If they were "nearly plug and play", there might be enough info to help others.

Ken

Back