What's new
What's new

Okuma LB15II MY Y tapping problem

mhh86

Plastic
Hi all! I have some difficulties getting this machine to do what I want it to!

When I reach the line with G178 the machine stops and appears to be waiting for something.
Can someone tell me what is wrong?
The control is OSP7000L

( OPERATION 8, HOLES )
( WORKGROUP )
( TOOL POSITION 11, 10. DIA. RIGID TAP )
( CS#3 - YZ PLANE )
T1111
M110
G0 C-180.
SB=300
G90 G94 Z-40.
G138
X30.
Y5.
M8
G178 Y5. Z-40. C180. X12. I0. F300.
G180
M9
G0 X30.
M12
M109
X249. Z195.
M109
M215
M2
%

A couple things I see. Your approach values are identical to the finish values. except C180 and C-180

There is no finish X value in the G178 line. Assuming you are tapping off Y but along X you need a finish point for X. If you are tapping off Y and along Z-the Z finish needs to be different that the Z start point, and you would need to change the I to K.

IMHO change back to FPR (G95) and change the feedrate to 1.

R

Not an Okuma guy, but do you need to unclamp a C axis break? I know on Mori's if there is a C move and you haven't unclamped the break the machine will just sit there in cycle, but not moving.

Not an Okuma guy, but do you need to unclamp a C axis break? I know on Mori's if there is a C move and you haven't unclamped the break the machine will just sit there in cycle, but not moving.

On Okuma, M110 engages C axis (engage, clamp, brake, whatever) if you are only indexing the C axis you don't need to unclamp it. So like drilling holes no need, but when you are Milling/Feeding on C it's different.

Thank you for your replies!
The problem actually fixed itself!
I was running the program in machine lock mode and it stopped everytime at the same place.
Having tried everything I could think of I finally decided to run it with the machine lock off! and then it worked!

Thank you for your replies!
The problem actually fixed itself!
I was running the program in machine lock mode and it stopped everytime at the same place.
Having tried everything I could think of I finally decided to run it with the machine lock off! and then it worked!

you need to look at the g94 and g95- verify your feed is correct for either ipm or ipr..... if you have an ipr feed in ipm mode it crawls....

Back