SteveinAZ is online now Stainless

Default Swagelok or Equal Drawings or Dimensions

I have a project that is of course HOT HOT HOT that requires a special tube arrangement. The Swagelok tube compression fittings are very reliable system and I was looking to use their ferrules and nuts, but I know they do not make the other end to fit the process equipment. Just so you know, I would love to be able to buy the off-the-shelf O-ring or NPT x compression fittings to make this work since they want them next week!!! The special end is pretty straight forward, just not a normal fitting, and I'm sure they cannot turn these out in a few days.

So does anyone have prints or dimensions of the tube compression fittings? The only thing I really need is the body side ID info and OD thread length for either 5/8" or 3/4" OD tube.

Steve

bradleyk is offline Cast Iron

What is the other end you're looking for...have a basic drawing?

Orin is offline Plastic

You can get Swagelok CAD templates here:
    CAD Templates for Tube Fittings, Instrumentation Valves, Ball Valves from Swagelok

Just a FYI -
    Years ago we found that the Hoke Gyrolok was much less likely to fail when subjected to vibration.

Instrument Valves, Actuators, Tube Fittings, Instrument Manifolds, Sample Cylinders: HOKE: Spartanburg, SC

SteveinAZ is online now Stainless

Thanks for the help...but I have looked at all of the compatible fittings I could find for dimensions. The only real difficulty is the angle of the taper on the ID of the compression fitting where the tube slides into. The Swagelok drawings indicate the angle on the fitting does not match the ferrule, it is a steeper angle, which would make sense as the ferrule needs to have the front edge bite into the tube for grip and sealing - if the angles were the same, the whole ferrule would have to collapse around the tube.

So, what I am really after is the taper angle and the major OD where the taper meets the end of the fitting.

Steve

SeymourDumore is online now Diamond

Steve

Try to look up spec AS33514 ( or consequently the older version MS33514)
    This is an aircraft specification for flare-less tube connections.

Should be available on line.

legendboy is online now Cast Iron

look at parker too