What's new
What's new

Takisawa Mac-V2E Fanuc 10m Alarm SV005

connermachinist

Plastic
I've been getting an alarm SV005 excess current discharge for every axis on my new to me Takisawa Mac-V2E. The previous owner has stated that he was not having that issue and that it could be related to the incoming voltage as he was running it at 208v and my line voltage is 220v. Before I put money into something like a transformer I'd like to get a second opinion on the issue and what it could be. The alarm happens intermittently and can sometimes be cleared by by toggling the main machine power but this does not always fix it. The alarm has only happened after the machine has been on for a few minutes but sometimes it doesnt happen at all. I'm definitely green when it comes to fanuc controls and any advice is apreciated.photo_2018-01-21_15-55-31.jpg

Hopefully Vancbiker will chime in here, but have you looked in the bottom of your control cabinet for transformers? Not sure if they are standard on all Fanuc 10Ms but mine has 2 transformers with both 208 and 220 V taps. With all three axes doing it and not just one, the incoming power may well be the issue.

An easy way to check your voltage ( at least one place)- on the bottom terminal strip on your servo amplifiers, you should have 100VAC across terminals 3 and 4. These terminals are the AC power coming into the amplifier. On my machine this power is supplied from one of the transformers in the control cabinet.

Hopefully Vancbiker will chime in here, but have you looked in the bottom of your control cabinet for transformers? Not sure if they are standard on all Fanuc 10Ms but mine has 2 transformers with both 208 and 220 V taps. With all three axes doing it and not just one, the incoming power may well be the issue.

An easy way to check your voltage ( at least one place)- on the bottom terminal strip on your servo amplifiers, you should have 100VAC across terminals 3 and 4. These terminals are the AC power coming into the amplifier. On my machine this power is supplied from one of the transformers in the control cabinet.

I probably should have mentioned the transformers inside the control cabinet I've attached photos of my machines control cabinet. Which board would be the servo amplifier? I appologize for the low quality of the photos.

Imgur Album

First thing to do is to switch all the transformers shown in your pictures to match your incoming power. Hard to imagine your electrician or machine tech not doing that before powering up the machine.

The servo drive is the unit mounted to the door with the 3 gray connectors along the bottom edge. There should be 3 wires on the terminal strip behind those connectors marked R, S, and T. Those are the incoming power. Trace them back to their source. It is possible that it is a transformer in a different cabinet too. If there is a servo transformer, I'm pretty sure you will find it is set incorrectly too.

Looks like the transformers mounted on the door are the ones you need to retap. You can see in some of your pictures that they are set for 200V. You can see the 230V taps in your pictures with no connections on them.

Best advice at this point to spend the $$$ on having a knowledgeable tech come out and set the transformers up correctly. Even if you have to pay him for 2-3 hours, that is MUCH, MUCH cheaper than paying for 1 axis drive to be repaired.
Dan

Unfortunately, I can't afford to have a technician come and set this machine up for me. After checking my service voltage it is, in fact, 240v as Garwood suspected. I have switched all the taps on transformers to the highest they can go which is 230v on two of the transformers and 220v on one of the transformers, the machine still alarms out after sitting idle for some time. I got this machine for a very good price, essentially buying it for what I sold my chinese cnc bench mill for to give some background on why I'm not necessarily doing everything the correct way. I believe I have two primary options, replace the transformers in the electrical cabinet with transformers that would handle the 240v service voltage or somehow bring the voltage into the machine down to something like 208v (not sure the best way to go about doing this with my phase converter). After doing the transformer tap adjustmnets the 100v was reading around 113 and the 65v was reading around 73v.

You need 240 Delta to 208 Wye transformer between the converter and the mill.

You will fry that mill running it on 240.

Did you trace the servo power wires back to their source as advised in post #4? In that era of machine it was very common to have a transformer for the servos. It is a 3 phase transformer, not a single phase unit like you have shown in your pics. Due to the size of it it is not uncommon for it to be mounted somewhere other than the main electrical cabinet on a small machine like yours.

If there is no servo transformer then a 240-208 transformer as advised by Garwood will be needed.

If you continue to try to run like you are you will be needing to repair your servo drive and possibly spindle drive. If you don't have a few hundred for a tech, how you gonna scrape up a few thou for drive repairs/replacement?

Okay, I talked with the machines previous owner who had it in their personal shop and they stated that the machine input voltage can't be changed internally. I've also traced the servo wires and they all go to the boards mounted on the swing out door. I've attached better photos of the boards in an imgur album and the model numbers are A20B-1003-086 and A16B-1100-0330/05B. Would a transformer like this McMaster-Carr work? the machine is 208V at 60A and my service is 240V at 100A. I'll see what it would cost to get a technician out here.

Photos

Back