What's new
What's new

A G-code quick list

chky071

Plastic
I was looking for a simple g-code list and didn't like a lot of what I found out there. I decided to make my own. I know it still needs some work, but what do you guys thing? What am I missing? I have primarily worked with Mazak and Haas, however I tried to keep the list of codes pretty general. I think it would be awesome to have a section of machine brand specific codes, but it would probably take forever to acquire the list.

G-Code and M-Code quick list

Thanks

Pretty clean, I like it.

You might add a few more M-codes. M98 = Call sub program, M99 = Cancel sub.

M22-M28 are various Tool/Clamp/Unclamp/Neutral or clutch engage or disengage, depending on the MTB. On Haas machines (IME '96+) there are several more work offsets (G54 et al) available in the upper G#'s.

Not that it's totally relevant on modern machines, but I always liked lists that includes the alternate explanation for G50, which is the Position Register for lathes. It's like a G54. This and G92 (similar position register function on mills). These two explanations are true for Fanuc controls (the 6T & M series).

You might split things into "Mill" and "Lathe". For instance, G74 is a peck drill in a lathe, while in most mills it's a LH tapping cycle (not sure if rigid or not).

Thanks for the feedback. I can't believe I forgot to add M98 and M99. The last huge program I wrote had a lot of sub routines. It was for a rifle manufacturing company that had many variations of their upper receiver. I haven't worked there for over a year and was asked to come back and add another variation just this last January. The sub routines made it a breeze. I added the new variation in less than a couple hours. It would have taken days had I written it without the sub routines.

I wasn't familiar with M22 - M28, I will be sure to add them. Same with G50. As for the G74, maybe I should add an additional column for lathe vs. mill.

Thanks for the feedback

While this list may work for the machines you are using, the G-code/M-code language varies from MTB to MTB. The language was written with "User Defined Codes". Most all of the codes are "user defined" actually. Some of the codes may mean different things between machine types even within a MTB's offerings.

It is always a wise thing to read the manuals for the machine control and manufacturer you are going to be running.

I was looking for a simple g-code list and didn't like a lot of what I found out there. I decided to make my own. I know it still needs some work, but what do you guys thing? What am I missing? I have primarily worked with Mazak and Haas, however I tried to keep the list of codes pretty general. I think it would be awesome to have a section of machine brand specific codes, but it would probably take forever to acquire the list.

G-Code and M-Code quick list

Thanks

M88/M89 on the fanuc turn-i is for ID/OD clamping. M31/M33 on haas machine is for conveyer ON/OFF. Im using M50 in my barfeeder subprogram on fanuc turn-i.

http://webfiles.roburbaltia.lv/theory/cnc/manual/Fanuc/Fanuc16,18,21i _model_TA_ENG.pdf

Hey guys thanks for all the help. I just barely got married so I had to put the website on hold for a bit. I am about to begin working on it again and will try to implement all the suggestions I have received so far. I was just wondering what else would be useful to have on the site?

Thanks,
Chad

Eh, I've run into a few of these before, and they're all the same... Without the associated words corresponding to the G-code, they're worthless in my opinion... For example, a G83 is useless, without the X Y Z R Q F and L addresses... Same for G43 - useless without the H word to go along...

Not trying to pick on your efforts. The "lists" that I've seen are nothing more than a good table-of-contents. But, since you're on a website, one could very easily use the list as a clicakble-link table-of-contents, which when clicked could take you to the detailed description of the code, and its associated words and operation etc...

Thanks for sharing, and congratulations on getting married.

Back