What's new
What's new

ARE THEY ANY GOOD??????????

JINX222

Plastic
DOES ANYONE HERE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT 3 LISTED BELOW MACHINES? (RELIABILITY, REPAIR SERVICE IN NEW ENGLAND (CONNECTICUT))
GENERAL QUESTION: ARE THEY ANY GOOD??????????
THANK YOU FOR ANY FEEDBACK.

-MATSUURA MC600VF (VMC)1995 23.6x16.1x18.5 10HP 20ATC YASNAC I80 CONTROL
-METHODS SLANT 50A CNC TURNING CENTER 1992 10IN. CHUCK
3500RPM 20HP TAILSTOCK YASNAC LX3 CONTROL
-NAKAMURA TOME TMC-15 CNC TURNING CENTER 1987 6IN. CHUCK 4500RPM 10HP FANUC OTB CONTROL

We have Matsuura MC800s, 1000s, RAIII, and RAIV. They all do a pretty good job. The tool changers hang up on some (Ours are a litte old and WELL WORN), but other than that....

Nakamura makes some tough lathes, but ours are bigger than the one you're looking at. No complaints on what we have though. :D

Hello JINX222,
I have ran all three for a number of years. As stated, Matsuura mills are very solid and reliable. The toolchanger hang-ups I've seen usually involve simple fixes.
The Nakamura TMC-15 is very quick and holds good tolerance, it does have linear guide ways so it cannot take heavy cuts( but it can take lighter cuts faster ). It was tricky on long parts using the tailstock( very little room ). For it's size it is a great choice. Note: Running parts 4.5in in Dia is about the largest you'd want to run.
The Methods Slant is a strong machine although they do seem a little large for the work envelope?
All in all good choices. Personally I like the TMC-15 best.

Will

We have a Matsuura MC800 = BAD ASS MACHINE! Hauls some serious A$$! I hate the Yasnak controller on ours. However, I like Haas controllers because they are very easy and far more intuitive...take that for whatever its worth. Good machines, Box ways and the tool changer is super fast (If you don't have problems like Psyco)

Our Methods Slant 40 is made by Nakamura... Great lathe. Yasnac sucks IMO!

ALL CAPS IS FINE FOR 1 OR 2 WORDS THAT YOU WANT TO EMPHASIZE, BUT AN ENTIRE POST OF ALL CAPS IS STUPID...

PLEASE USE ALL CAPS ONLY FOR A FEW WORDS, SPARRINGLY...

USSUALLY I SEE ALL CAPS IN FORUMS FILLED WITH 13 YEAR OLD PUNKS... HAHAHA

Back