What's new
What's new

Thinking at a CNC project

ctl_tec

Aluminum
Hello ,
By chance I get the 2 axis table in the photo below. It has 250 mm travel on x and y and it has 0.001 mm divisions. I have it for 1 day and until now I saw that it have linear bearing under the bellows. The base and table seems to be scraped by hand and I dont think that it was use very much.
I am thinking at an CNC mill project but how I will solve the Z axis to be as precise as x and y?
Any opinions it will help.

Regards,
Cata

I wish I could remember the details better but search for diy cnc mill on YouTube. Look for user Chris Deprista or something similar. He is building a cnc mill from scratch. Pretty cool IMO.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If you were in the usa I'd say come to Iowa, I have a cnc machine that size I am contemplating scrapping.....linear rails, all motors drives gone, cat 40.....

can you be more specific? I`m not an native english speaker.
Thanks

cara

I have a Cincinnati Milacron arrow 500 carcass, I say carcass as the control, motors, and drives have been stripped but the machine is mechanically complete and sound. I stripped it to keep larger machines running. It needs: axis motors and drives, spindle motor and spindle drive, and a new control. For $1000 usd you can come haul it away, complete with coolant tanks.

I have a Cincinnati Milacron arrow 500 carcass, I say carcass as the control, motors, and drives have been stripped but the machine is mechanically complete and sound. I stripped it to keep larger machines running. It needs: axis motors and drives, spindle motor and spindle drive, and a new control. For $1000 usd you can come haul it away, complete with coolant tanks.

It is a very good price, but the transport to Romania will be very expensive :(
Any photos? who knows ... maybe..

Back