What's new
What's new

I cnc programing software?

wells

Plastic
Any body heard of this software? the light machine corp. mini lathe I have was setup for it but it was taken with the pc. any one have it looking for info thanks wells

Wells,

If I recall, you were asking about this elsewhere, because the computer for your machine had gone MIA.

FYI, the prescence of one brand of cadcam software on your machine's PC based cnc controller does not directly give the control of your machine. You need to get your motion card back and the software that goes with it to run the operation of the machine.

As for OneCNC, you can use it, or other cadcam software to help you program your machine when you get it running. But cadcam software does not actually serve as the machine controller function.

I don't have any idea what the original equipment would have been. Sounds like you've landed right in the middle of "retrofit territory", if you have to start from scratch with setting up your cnc.

You might check in at www.cnczone.com, as there are quite a bunch of retrofitting ideas there. Unfortunately, I've only had experience with expensive cnc retrofits, so I don't know much about the current, inexpensive solutions.

Link to a page with info on the control:

http://www.benchman.com/iCNC_specs.html

Looks as though they use a dedicated 32 bit motion control card. You effectively lost not just a PC. You lost the entire CNC control for the lathe. When an auctioneer sells you something and takes your money, he has a legal responsibility to ensure that the rightful purchasers get what they bought, with this responsibility extending to the end of the designated pick-up period. I have no idea what you may have paid for the machine, but with no control its now worth pocketchange. A desktop PC isn't something someone can stick in their pocket, so it shoudn't have gotten away. Unless you just want to keep what you've got and build a PC based step and direction control system up from scratch, I'd recommend you contact the auctioneer and request a refund. If that doesn't work (and it probably won't) then I'd contact the licensing board for auctioneers in your state. They have the authority to revoke the auctioneer's license and effectively put him out of business. Because of this, you'd be surprised at how quickly they can change the attitude of an auctioneer if he's in the wrong.

Be advised in advance though, if you left the machine at the location one minute past the end of the designated loadout time, then the auctioneer's responsibility is zero, and you're wasting your time to pursue it.

Anytime we buy anything at auction we make a habit of taking with us anything that can easily be carried off by hand when we leave at the end of the day. Most auctioneers don't really pay as much attention as they should, and auctions are like a magnet for dirtballs and would be petty thieves. Take a look around at the collection of attendees at a typical auction, and nobody will need to tell you this :D

Thanks for the replys,the auctioneer didn't do any thang wrong it walked out while we where in a nother part of the shop, he helped with recovery of the inter face box, the pc was know where to be found, I have known him for almost 30 years and he has always delt straght up. anyone have one of these (light machine 3000) that could tell me could this card be in the interface panel box I have? I'm still trying to get a hold of the company for help. thanks agin Wells

Back