What's new
What's new

Need Help Fanuc 10T-F

Victor97

Plastic
:nutter: I just started running a Victor TNS-2 lathe and cant send a program to the machine. The machine will punch just fine to the pc but trying to send a program back it doesnt do anything...The pc is also hooked up to two Victor mills and they work just fine. I dont get any alarms and i have tweaked the parameters to see if that was it and it didnt help. Any help is appreciated

I don't recall where to make the changes on the machine side but this is what I use on my 10T.

Baud 4800
Data bits 7
Stops bits 1
Parity even
Flow control Xon/Xoff

There are a hundred different combinations that could be used but these are what work for me. Hope it helps
Tim

I would guess it's your 232 recieve buffer (**88 or 89 chip) I believe on the 10 series they could put them on the master board OR in the MDI unit. It is not all that uncommon, in fact our techs keep them in there service kits.

It appears that your port may be defective as PMT has already stated. You can check by trying to force an alarm by changing the baudrate so they are not set the same on the PC as the CNC. On the 10 series there is usually another port that you can use in the form of a 20pin Honda connector on the main board. I may have the pinout somewhere if you need it.

Go Wisconsin. I noticed that everyone in this thread is from the fine state of Wisconsin. Go Pack!!

Stevo

If you search for RS-232 threads, you'll find tons of info. As said, likely the chip. It's quite possible for it to punch, but not read, as there are independent chips for this. There are possibly two places for the DB-25 (RS-232 port) to connect to, as mentioned, so trace the cable to see if it connects near the CRT, or goes to the master board, and that should be the problem board.

Have me come up and fix it for you. My stock of New Glarus is getting low, and they don't sell it outside of Wisconsin:bawling:

Back