What's new
What's new

What Model Bridgeport CNC is this?

brennon272

Plastic
In reference to my recent thread, I am trying to find any and all info regarding this particular CNC mill, got it in a package deal with several others and am just trying to find specifics on it.

Thanks!
CNC 4.jpgCNC 3.jpgCNC.jpgCNC 2.jpg

That's not an Interact, but I think maybe it used to be. You can see a hole where the MPG was removed in the front right below the table. It has Interact control cabinets and I'm not certain they made a series II V2XT.

It would have been a Series II Interact 2. Someone stuck a V2XT control on it, probably in place of a TNC145 or TNC150. If it had has a 151 or 155, then I couldn't see a point in someone spending the money to upgrade. The upgrade would have happpened mid nineties, probably.

It's probably a good candidate for a retrofit if someone is feeling so inclined.

Thought it appeared a bit big for a series one.My thoughts maybe the next size up.I would guess at series 2.TNC155 not a bad machine visually.It has been updated at sometime should sell no problems

I think we will end up doing a gut job, new control, etc. will definitely look at centroid. Any idea on the value of the machine as it sits in good working order?

If i was to do a complete gut job, where should i look at for a complete kit to retrofit the mill? Supposedly the control doesnt always work. some days it works fine and other days the x and y act like no one's home. Im assuming this is a control issue. Right at the moment I have more time than anything else since i already have other machines that are making $$$, so i dont mind a little DIY and am pretty handy when it comes to electronics and my wawy around the machines, however all the kits ive seen include servo motors and i dont need them since the ones on the machine are nice. I just dont care for anything proprietary that may give me issues in the future. I am open to all suggestions!

If i was to do a complete gut job, where should i look at for a complete kit to retrofit the mill? Supposedly the control doesnt always work. some days it works fine and other days the x and y act like no one's home. Im assuming this is a control issue. Right at the moment I have more time than anything else since i already have other machines that are making $$$, so i dont mind a little DIY and am pretty handy when it comes to electronics and my wawy around the machines, however all the kits ive seen include servo motors and i dont need them since the ones on the machine are nice. I just dont care for anything proprietary that may give me issues in the future. I am open to all suggestions!

If those motors are the same as what I had you don't want them. Just call Centroid. and buy the whole kit.

I am looking pretty hard at the machmotion kit due to the spotty customer service from centroid that I have read plagues their product. Any opinions on the machmotion setup?

Certainly is a Series II. You can tell just by the way covers.
I put an AJAX control on mine and am very happy. AJAX is the DIY version of the Centroid, at a much lower price point.

I bought a Series 2 Interact 2 and did the conversion to Centroid.

I went the all-in-one controller route which allowed me to keep my existing servo motors. You can buy it thru centroid as parts, or a kit thru ajaxcnc (same company really). I HIGHLY advise you buy it as parts thru a centroid dealer, as they have experience and will help you with the minor issues that will come up. You will be putting new encoders on those servos so you'll be making 3 new encoder covers. Also I went with a VFD for the spindle motor, the all-in-one will control rpm right thru g code. If it's a 2HP motor, I'd also ditch the snowmobile variable speed and go with a 40/30 toothed belt drive, you'll want that extra power to the tool. The Centroid and VFD cost was about $5,500, but I did the work.

So far I really like the Centroid control/software, but I'm a newbee - however folks on this list do seem to like it.

Oh, did you get any Erickson QC 30 toolholders with that? They are becoming rare, although Soma Tool makes new ones if needed.

Also, mine has steel covers on the X and Y servos. I see your Y does not have a cover. Maybe new servos are a good idea! Make sure they are covered.

Back