What's new
What's new

Torque Cut 22 Info Needed

Ivan_The_Red

Plastic
Bridgeport Torque Cut 22 Info Needed

I recently purchased a 1995 Bridgeport Torq Cut 22 and unfortunately it did not come with the factory
maintenance manuals or electrical schematics which I desperately need in order to get the machine installed and running.

If there is anyone out there that has a copy of any of those documents that they could share or if anyone knows where I could find a set I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks

EMI out of PA is the OEM for that controller. 610-287-4240 ask for Aaron or Mark. Theres a good chance youd have to pay for that stuff, but they got it.

What is going on with your machine?

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the information about EMI.

I just purchased the machine and haven't even got it into the shop yet but before I start it up
theres always a few things I like to check.

I'd like to know the amperage requirements , what the lubricants are and where ther're located, how much air pressure and scfm's are
needed . . . . and especially some instructions on how to wire it up for single phase operation.
I did find a thread on this site that Im looking into to try and understand exactly whats being done there before I forage ahead and
proceed to do something I shouldn't have .

Sounds like you know those guys at EMI , have you dealt with them a lot?

Hey Ivan. I work with a FIRST robotics team out of the Kansas City area and over the last several months we restored a Torq Cut 22 that was generously donated to the team by a local company. Here is a forum post we made chronicling the work we did Build Thread The Broncobots Torq-Cut 22 Restoration.
We have both physical and digital copies of the manuals as well as some additional documentation, including wiring diagrams. Here is the link to everything. TC22 Manuals.zip - Google Drive
We have learned much from the Torq Cut 22 community (especially on cnc zone, I suggest checking it out) and we would be happy to pass on what we have learned. Unfortunately we run our machine on 3 phase so I am unable to help on that front. As for amperage and lubricants I believe everything is documented in the manuals except for maybe transmission oil which I remember being ISO 68.

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else you need.

Hey jgwentworth96,

Those documents are terrific, thanks you very much for taking the time to help me out I couldn't have hoped for any more information....it looks like its all there, even more.
Some of those images I recognize from the post I've been reading about where someone else hooked up their mill
to single phase but the thread got a bit confusing to me...( still a bit confused )
I do plan to visit the post where you've documented your rebuild , maybe it will give me some more insight on
what I'm about to do but from what I've read those machines are excellent for what they were designed for.

Thanks again

Back