What's new
What's new

Tree Journeyman 325 Coolant Question

OHIOTURBO6

Plastic
This is my first milling machine and the coolant is very nasty. I would like to remove it and clean it out. Any advice from someone that's done this would be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Ohioturbo6,

You will want to purchase a machine cleaner like our Blasoclean AF as an example, to run in the machine sump prior to cleaning out the coolant system. After running the cleaner per the manufacturer recommended specified time, you will want to drain the dirty old coolant, clean all machine and sump surfaces with a high pressure washer (if available) and then run a diluted amount of coolant (usually 1% concentration) in the coolant system for at least 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, drain the flush coolant out and charge the system with the coolant of your choice, at the recommended concentration specified by the coolant manufacture. Please make sure to properly dispose of the waste.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brett Reynolds, CMFS
Sr. Applications Engineer
Blaser Swisslube Inc.

I don't think i'm going to be using the flood coolant system in the future. I just want the old coolant out so it doesn't stink and possibly freeze if the heat goes down.

I got the coolant removed over the weekend. I just went in with my wet/dry vac. Wasn't too hard with some long extensions on the hose. Went in through the side access panel. Then, removed the drain screens at the base and cleaned the rest up. Pretty easy.

Back