What's new
What's new

Tri-onics millmaster help needed reviving the machine.

TFRAME

Plastic
Hi Everyone,
I need help, I just acquired an old but very nice Tri-onics Millmaster but I do not have the manual so I am guessing at what 3 of the 4 switches control on the front of the cabinet. I know the broken switch second from the left controls the coolant pump but the others? From following the wires it looks like the switch on the far right turns on the 24v power to the control boards but from there I cannot trace any further due to the placement of the boards next to each other.

Second plea for help is I cannot get the axis drives to work? The control boards appear to be not powering up as the red LED indicators do not light up but there is 24V going to the cable junction and 44.5V going to the main board connector. When I try to move any axis by the control I get an axis position error. The readout and scales work fine and the programs go from block to block as expected until the position error comes up. I am not an electrical wizard so any help would be appreciated. It would be really nice to revive this machine that has been sitting for so many years to its full yet limited capabilities. Thanks.

2015-04-28 16.12.00.jpg2015-05-04 14.44.38.jpg2015-05-04 09.58.56.jpg2015-05-04 11.21.25.jpg

Back