What's new
What's new

What are these Hardinge parts?

As mentioned in another thread, at the Hardinge auction one of the employees was assigned to shadow the auctioneer and verify the lots. He would get impatient and lump multiple lots together that had no relationship to each other except numerical sequence in the auction catalog:rolleyes5:

I bought a couple lots of manual tooling, to which the following lots were also lumped in. I believe this is a double tool holder for a lathe/turning center? Or???

smt_hardingepts1.jpg

Is the above "machine specific" or is it to a standard that would fit "various" machines? Anyone need one? (or more?)

These couplings (2 cartons/~40 or so) were added to the lot I wanted, an ancient balancing stand. One end is for 30mm, the other for 35mm. What exactly would they connect? They don't look like they would transmit a lot of torque? or would they?

smt_hardingepts2.jpg

Thanks!
smt

The holders in question on the top photo fit the Hardinge Quest (later versions) and RS lathes with the ESA top plate, and are in fact double round shank holders, ESA = Eppinger Self Alinging and were most likely over stock items. I am not sure what the bottom photo depicts
Tom

Impressive looking anyway...perhaps fodder for some industrial 3D artwork in your future ? ;)

If you git some O/S itmes for the Twin Turn that you want to "throw in" with my next order - that'll be just fine... :D

Yeah right - who am I kiddd'n? :crazy:

---------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Milacron-

I'm thinking along the lines of making a QC adaptor to fit the toolhead on my shaper or planer & tool up the Hardinge units for slotting bars. :smoking: :D

OX, I did think of you when passing the tables full of Acme Gridley collets.

Back to the units on hand, they look like the sockets might take ER 32 collets? or is it going to be some sort of proprietary taper? (I only have ER 40's & chucks here to compare) If they take 32's, I might have some ideas for the parts....

Thanks for the info so far.

smt

If its ok I'll copy this from a Doosan literature quote. It's regarding this same/similar tooling, a bit odd I happened to read that today.

PRECI-FLEX® TOOL SYSTEM
The standard milling heads are Preci-Flex® ready. Preci-Flex® is a tooling system made by Eppinger that utilizes the existing ER collet taper in the rotary holders. The spindle face is precision ground relative to the taper and there are four drilled and tapped holes in this face. The Preci-Flex® adapters are attached with four bolts and locate on both the taper and the spindle face for maximum rigidity. A variety of Preci-Flex® adapters are available for special applications. These include extended collet chucks for smaller diameter drills and to reach cross holes on small diameter work pieces. End mill adapters are available for heavier cutting without potential slippage. Three Preci-Flex® adapters are included with the machine. Preci-Flex® adapters are available from Exsys Tool Inc. Exsys Tool web site is Eppinger Rotary and Fixed Tool Holders, Preci Flex Adapter System, News and Events | EXSYS Tool, Inc. - The Smart Choice.

Back