What's new
What's new

Trivial Hurco question

Dscally

Plastic
Hi guys. I have one simple problem that I am having with my Hurco VM1 with Optimax single screen control.

My problem is with part setup. I like to set my datum point in the center of any stock I am setting up. This envolves touching off X-, 'Store location (soft key), jog to X+, touch off X+, check the X position value on the control, grab a calculator and divide the value by 2, jog X axis back to the X center position and 'Store position' to zero the x value. Reapeat for Y axis.
I hope this is clear.

My question is this: When I touch X- , zero position and then touch off x+, is their a way of halving my x value on screen to find x center without the use of a calculator? I have a vague recollection of doing this 'simple' procedure years ago when I last worked with Hurcos, but just cant figure it out. Iv tried (soft key pushes) X, 2, ÷ which throws up an x valve which seemingly has no relation to any other X value I've inputted. Iv tried numerous other button combinations to try and do this but just cant crack the code. Its trivial but it would make my setups so much quicker if I could figure this out.

Any Hurco veterans out there that can shed some light on this pathetic problem?

After you've zeroed on X- and you've touched on X+, type in <x part coordinate> ÷ 2 + ENTER

If you did X+ first, then it's <x part coordinate> ÷ 2 - ENTER

Its best to save the redundant move if you know your block is 2" plus your .100" edge finder just touch off and enter the exact value.

But using your method the way gregormarwick mentioned will serve you well.

Thanks a million for that guys.

I never dreamt of hitting +/- after the dividing by 2.

You have no idea how much easier and faster that makes my setups now.

Back