What's new
What's new

Trouble Pulling Y axis Servo Motor on Tree VMC750

trelos_zoi

Plastic
Currently having some issues with Y axis encoder on tree model vmc750 with yaskawa drives.

Gonna pull Y axis servo motor to send off for evaluation however it won't seem to come loose after removing 4 bolts on motor. It will spin but won't come out.

Any tricks to this before I tear something up? I can't see anything else inside the Z column, if I could, I couldn't get to it or is there something else on the table side that needs to come loose? If so the motor could come out with a rather long shaft attached, so hopefully not because I only have about 3 ft behind the machine to wall...

My problem is I have no idea what the coupling looks like so I don't know if need to be more aggressive or go from another angle...any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

If its anything like the ZPS1050 I run there should be a set screw on the coupler at the end of the motor shaft. Spin the ballscrew by hand and you can see it.
Not sure if it is the same as your 750 though.

Good luck

Maz

Thanks, last night spun ballscrew to bring table forward and started pulling covers on Y axis between Z column and table. Center cover I really want off has 4 screws up against Z column I removed and the rest of the cover goes under table. Removed wipers there but cover doesn't seem to want to slide or come free and trying not to bend it up. Any ideas on how this is supposed to come free without bending it up?

Could you tell me how you got all this apart.
All the gory details if you could.
Thanks

Back