Evenglischatiest

Cast Iron
Dynapath Delta 10 G code question

--edit--
I meant to say Delta 10.
I think it's fixed now.
I now return you to your regularly scheduled plea for help

Hello all.

I haven't stopped by in a while. The new site looks great.

I recently bought an old Clausing Kondia, (1988) with a Delta 10 control. It's a bit loose, but on my (lack of a) budget, I can't complain. At least everything works.
Here's my question:

Mastercam spits out some rather unusual code for it. It runs fine, and it's not buggy. But it's far from standard. G01 is replaced with (1), G02 and G03 are both (2), but with a directional number at the end of the line, I and J are absolute, and a few other oddities. Looking around on the control, there's a help screen, listing most of the standard G codes. I can't believe it would list codes that don't work, but I haven't yet found any way to get it to accept them.

Is anyone out there familiar with this control? Is there some setting I can change, to make it take normal code? Is there some code (like G80, or something) that I need to add to the programs? I'm running the mill backward, as if it were a lathe, so I have to do a lot of hand editing. Years of of experience are now getting in the way, causing errors that I can't even recognize as such. And I'm afraid if I get too accustomed to this system, I'll have the same problem when I go back to a modern machine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:

Back