What's new
What's new

Brother A00 Conversational Programming Question

mazaksqt

Plastic
Hey Guys,

I recently picked up a Brother TC S2A with an A00 Control. The machine came with all the original manuals so I went ahead and began to program the machine in Conversational mode. I like working with Mazak's conversational so I thought I'd give the Brother's conversational a try and it is very straight forward and easy to use. I programmed a simple part today, set up all the machining data, assigned the tools from the Tool Data Bank for the program, and loaded the magazine set up in MDI mode. When I go into Memory mode to run the program nothing happens. The Start Button is not lit up and pressing it does nothing. When in memory mode it asks the program to run and I input the program, it pulls it up, and then I attempt to somehow start it but I'm not sure if I'm missing something. No alarms or anything. Not sure what is going on so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any experience with these controls and the conversational side of the Brother. Am I missing something really simple here? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same machine but have never run it in conversational mode. In NC mode you just go to memory mode, load the program, and press start. You do need to do a return to zero in manual mode first though.

IF the machine was in an automated cell in it's previous life, there may have been an external cycle start signal being sent to the machine. At least on the B00 controls, there is a jumper wire on the I/O board that must be in place to manually cycle the machine from the control button (not sure on the A00, but I would assume it is similar. This jumper wire is where the remote cycle start button is wired to. Without this jumper, the machine just looks at you when you press the cycle start button.

IF the machine was in an automated cell in it's previous life, there may have been an external cycle start signal being sent to the machine. At least on the B00 controls, there is a jumper wire on the I/O board that must be in place to manually cycle the machine from the control button (not sure on the A00, but I would assume it is similar. This jumper wire is where the remote cycle start button is wired to. Without this jumper, the machine just looks at you when you press the cycle start button.

Turns out this is what the problem was! I looked at the I/O board yesterday and realized that instead of 5 and 6 which is the external start input/output being jumped together, they were actually connected to some sort of relay with non factory cabling exiting the machine. I removed these wires and jumped the two connectors on the I/O board back to factory spec and it worked! Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Back