What's new
What's new

VMC 1060 Tree Mill will not align.

JaredW

Plastic
I am having trouble aligning the Tree Mill I have. When I first start the machine and press the align button and then press Mech align the carousel starts to align the way it's supposed to but when I press the axes align button it doesn't do anything but give me a message that says "axes moving to TPA position". I have tried everything to my knowledge please help. Thanks.

I'm not sure of the name for the hand held controller I will say that it has all buttons including power feed, cycle start, feed hold, etc on the controller itself.

Check the limit switches. What happens to the axis? Do they stop, does the control message ever change from axis moving to TPA, to axis are aligning?

The limit switches are working fine. The problem is the table will not move in any direction when pressing the align button and then pressing and holding the F1 button to run the axes align. When pressing the align button and pressing and holding the F1 button the only thing that happens is I get a message saying axes moving to TPA positions which goes away after releasing the F1 button but once again the table does not move and the Z axis does not move either.

Check that the tool changer carousel is all the way back. I have this issue with my 1260. I have to manually flip the air valve to pull the carousel fully back before the machine will do anything.

Just swapped the air valve around the carousel is fully back and still the same problem. Also checked all limit switches and they're all in working condition as well.

First glance seems like signal from F1 button is not getting to whatever turns the servos on. Have no idea how to determine that other than tracing the wires from the F1 button to where ever they go.

Feedrate override not turned down to zero? I've done that.

First glance seems like signal from F1 button is not getting to whatever turns the servos on. Have no idea how to determine that other than tracing the wires from the F1 button to where ever they go.

Feedrate override not turned down to zero? I've done that.

The F1 button is scanned by the processor inside the pendant.
The pendant processor talks over a serial channel to the BBB Basic Bridge Board, and it passes the information on to the RT Real Time CPU board.

So you can use almost any function on the pendant and know that the pendant and the F1 key on it are working.

WHY not just call up factory support?
Never been charged for a support call yet.

That screen looks like a bad disk drive. ..... Or
You could try swapping in a new power supply.
Sometimes that will fix stuff like that. BTDT
Just an:
[ AT style power supply ]

Look at Amazon or your favorite site.

Thank you all once again for the quick responses. Here's the update. The last problem we reported was the page exception fault. Finally was able to get past that and now we're to the point when we start the machine everything seems to load correctly. After everything is loaded and I go to actually start the machine by pressing the power button again the machine will not latch in and send an error page saying carousel drive did not power on but when going to the back of the machine you can clearly see the carousel drive is powered on.

Make sure that no axis are against the limit switches when it powers on.

If it wakes up with a limit switch, it can be REAL grumpy.
Move the axis off the limit or homing.

Also, when in E-stop, press the align key, then F1
Then RESET key

This will clear a possible PFI Power Feed Inhibit state

After that you need to HOLD the green key down to power it up, and continue holding it down to jog any axis off the limits.

And how do you KNOW that all the limit and homing switches are working all the way back to the control?
Did you go into the maintenance screen and see it toggling in the software? I forget the diagnostic screen names to see the actual I/O bits going ones to zeroes.
Any problem all the way back into there can give bad results.

Did you go back into the configuration screens to see the approach speed of the axis?

Back