The support in Norway told us it was the 4th axis encoder trouble, wich
seems right in relations to the error listing in the error book, but,
they have still not found out what it might be, after 2 days,,,,

any clues? suggestions?

and no, not a new machine, lol, Okuma is far to great to be throwed out
from a shop, :)

Thanks in advance, Xlnt from Norway

Xlnt,
Better than 90% of the time I had that alarm it was a bad drive. Usually just open the cabinent and locate the drive that doesn't have all the lights on.

Also can try reseating the boards in the rack and checking all the connections.

But usually it was a bad drive. More than once if you just cycled the main power on the machine several times they come back if starting to get flakey.

I know laugh at that but if you are out of spares and its after hours you do what you can to get parts out. A LOT of times we could get the rest of shift out a lathe by doing that.

Probably not much help right now if you have anything more post up.

Dave

Cncmek,
Thanks for input, they have checked the wiring, they was measuring the cables when i left today, they have not cross changed the drives yet, with x axiz, to see if they have the same trouble on another drive, it seems it has to do with the encoder, Okuma has absolute encoders and it may take a while to get replacement i think, the machine is going right in alarm at startup, so the parts have to be milled in another machine thursday if we have not found a solution tomorrow, luckily the customer do not need the parts untill friday, lol, and we are lucky to have a rush job calender which give me three extra fridays every week, lol

Xlnt,
Doesn't matter if the Amperage is different on the drives. On LawC and Law2S machines the X is 30 or 50 amp and the Z is 75 Amp. other than that they are the same. You can swap drives, if it is encoder/motor issue it will stay with axis if is in the drive it will follow to bnew axis location. All yopu are looking for is for the machine to start up, not run it.

Be sure to write down the Dipswitch settings on the drives they have to changed when positions are changed or you will still get alarms.

Also, your schematics should show the wiring and feedback for the encoder you can check voltages there and mabye isolate the encoder as a problem.

Also, lucky you got time. They used to stand behind me with a whip asking why they were not making parts LOL.

Dave

I have the problem, did you figure out what the solution was? I could use some help

I have the same error on an Okuma GI-20N ID Grinder with a 5020controller that I have been struggling with for days. Did any of you guys figure out what the solution to the problem was? The alarm "65 ALARM-P SVP START FAILURE A030001" occurs during machine start-up after changing an encoder on the X-axis. Any help would be appreciated, I have exhausted all my troubleshooting abilities. At the moment I am trying to see if Okuma can help. I am struggling with this alarm.

Thanks,
Steve

Back