What's new
What's new

help - z axis alarm

sjr

Aluminum
Hello!
We have a Kia 15 cnc lathe with a bar puller on it - today I had the fingers adjusted too tight for a 3/4 diameter bar - I fed onto (into) the bar stock at about 15 ipm. This threw out a "AL8 - z axis torque alarm" that I can't get rid of. The control is a Yasnac LX3. I went to the control panels and looked for a thrown breaker or popped fuse but could not find anything.

Any suggestions or experience with this?

Thanks,

SJR

My best guess it that it has a torque limiting clutch between the motor and the ballscrew, like Hardinge use. Is that possible? drawings would show it, or take a look ahead of the X axis servo. It would have a switch on it that makes when the clutch throws out.
I went to the control panels and looked for a thrown breaker or popped fuse but could not find anything.
It wont be a breaker, an over current alarm like that would be on the drive. Have you shut the power off at the case level. Just in case it doesn’t have that clutch, that would reset with a power down.

Phil.

z axis clutch

Thanks for the response, guys! Phil, you nailed it on the head - it was the clutch on the z axis. I turned the ballscrew by hand til the clutch snapped back into place and it was good to go!
Thanks again!
SJR

Back