What's new
What's new

Well I am bored!!!!

Tom.

Plastic
HAHA play on words!!!

I have been tasked with training an operator on a fanuc manual guide/i. I can not remember for the life of me how to teach someone new, much less someone with limited native language skills.

Anybody have a jump off point?

Tom.

YouTube has some training videos on Manual Guide i. You might watch some at the control with the person? Let them poke along with the video.

Brent

:stirthepot:

I live on top of a mountain so you could in theory jump from there maybe you'll remember something by the time you hit bottom....

in the end, you must teach him english and machining :)

... this is good : if you succed, you may think of more imigrants :)

i give you 2 hours :)

Don't train him too well, he will probably take your job as soon as he finishes his English training class and passes his citizenship test. :cryin:

HAHA play on words!!!

I have been tasked with training an operator on a fanuc manual guide/i. I can not remember for the life of me how to teach someone new, much less someone with limited native language skills.

Anybody have a jump off point?

Tom.
i find best to make a 1 page checklist of important things to know and check and doing basic things like how to access different screens
i find it is very useful to have on each cnc type especially if you havent run it in months or years. i find rarely do i need to stop and ask somebody how to do something. if everything on the checklist "cheatsheet"
amazing amount of people who if they havent run a particular cnc in a year are fairly helpless and need a few days to relearn everything they forgot.
i also write CAGS or corrective action guidelines. if machine not running or has a problem basically few pages of things to try to get it going again from most likely to fix problem to less likely but might fix the problem. CAGS are useful especially on machines that need multiple buttons pressed at same time or one of those complex things that old timers remember but new people would have no ideal what to do. any time i got a problem and i eventually figure it out i write down what problem was and how i fixed the problem
by the way you need to stress, the time most crashes happen is just after the trainer stops looking over the shoulder of trainee to catch all their mistakes. first few weeks after training is done often the most likely time crashes happen. by following checklist it really helps in not forgetting important stuff

i find best to make a 1 page checklist of important things to know and check and doing basic things like how to access different screens

I keep a book called, oddly enough, The Book Of Secrets. There's lots of info in there about what parameters do and what screen they're on. That way I don't have to bug Vancouver or Bill every time I want to adjust my backlash.

or one of those complex things that old timers remember but new people would have no idea what to do

Seems to be a lot of that in this trade.

Back