What's new
What's new

Who has the best shrink machine?

snowshooze

Hot Rolled
Hi Guys!
Well... first:
Thank you in advance.
You have saved me so many wrong turns, I can't count them.

I started buying Techniks shrink holders about a year ago, love them.
I realized an immediate improvement in size and finish.

But, I have been shrinking with a torch.
Ok... it works.
And as much as I hate these rotten bastards who want to sell me a dumb induction machine for several thousand dollars...
I am gonna bite one off.

Yes, I could build one for under a grand. I know... I know.
I just ain't got the time.

Fine. I'll shell.

So, I am looking at Techniks and Heimer, primarilarly.
I'd like one that was a pre-setter too.

Who has been down this trail ahead of me???

Where should I squandor my money this time?

Again, my many thanks!
Mark

We have a haimer shrink fit as well as a wash/cool down station next to it. It works pretty good but there are times where you still need a little map gas to get the job done. Some holders we have are made out of different metals fused together that do not allow us to use the machine so we need to use a torch. I can change a cutter rand cool it down in about a minute.

Lyndex was the most economical vs quality that I found / bought.
I got them to throw in extra holders with it and it does up to 1.250 HSS

I will share my experience here. We have two Haimers, one old one, one new one. The old one works much better in my opinion, here is why.. On my old one, I come in monday morning, turn on the chiller and keep it running, the cooling pods get nice and cold and stay that way, all day, all nite, all week long It's been purring like a kitten that way for over 18 years. You walk over, shrink in a tool, and it cools quickly. On the new one, the chiller only runs when you hit the shrink button. This is the stupidest thing Haimer could have done, maybe if you shrink in a hundred tools at a time, but for doing them less frequent, the cooling pods never get cold, all you are doing is circulating room temp coolant thru it,, you may as well not even have a chiller on the machine because it does not do a thing. For that reason I would recommend you search elsewhere, I would never buy a new one from Haimer. BUT, they do however have a newer one that is horizontal and I believe cools with air,, that makes more sense.

Back