What's new
What's new

Who makes these vises?

I

I don't think so as the ones in the video appear to be double vises with come type of middle support?

If no one knows who it is I might post a message on the video link as ask them, I just hate doing it as it always brings one a ton of spam emails. :angry:

Well... that might draw a similar result as asking what brand of spinach "Popeye" was always eating, or what make of car Dick Tracy drove! They were "made up", same as the characters were.

Same here.

Vise "depiction" is not necessarily related to any real-world product. Stylized in the computer, rather. Inspiration may have come from a real-world modular vise. Or not-even.

The video is all about a software product, after all. The CNC machine isn't "real", either.

No exact match is likely but you have a start with the Stevens - perhaps elsewhere in their product line. Or Gerardi, or. .or .

SCHUNK sells a vise just like those as well. KSC is the product name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why? Those look kinda awesome...

"Modulars", any of several makes, ARE "kinda awesome". They are also costly.

Great stuff if they give you a productivity edge in high-volume CNC throughput. As they do, and nearly always, when intelligently applied.

Bit of a luxury for a general-purpose shop, manual one especially, and may not even be as appropriate to their needs as a vanilla general-purpose Kurt.

2CW ... and a small tribe of nice Gerardi's "bought right", used-but-good.

Not my only vises, either. Good as they are, they cannot easily suit ALL needs.

:)

5th axis was making and advertising these guys shown in this video a few years ago. I guess they didnt sell well. I mean they look simple enough you could make your own pretty easily.
Ill send the guy responsible for the vise division a message and see if they still have these for you

5th axis was making and advertising these guys shown in this video a few years ago. I guess they didnt sell well. I mean they look simple enough you could make your own pretty easily.
Ill send the guy responsible for the vise division a message and see if they still have these for you

They are what appears to be from 5th Axis model DV 510. I got pricing from our local vendor who is very competitive;

5" x 10" DV 510 Double station vise (Jaws sold separate) 1 week lead time $910.00

DV510 Hard Jaw Set (3 pcs. Fixed, moveable, and center) 1 week lead Time $500.00

Perhaps that is why they didn't sell well.

Downloaded a CAD model from their website it you want any specific measurements such as jaw opening in different configurations. Soft jaws don't look like much to home brew so may play with it a bit more and see how fair it's limits could be stretched.

Of course if your running 100,000 gun parts on a horizontal then they would be the bee's knee's.

They are what appears to be from 5th Axis model DV 510. I got pricing from our local vendor who is very competitive;

5" x 10" DV 510 Double station vise (Jaws sold separate) 1 week lead time $910.00

DV510 Hard Jaw Set (3 pcs. Fixed, moveable, and center) 1 week lead Time $500.00

Perhaps that is why they didn't sell well.
Seems CHEAP to me. Fast delivery too. All relative to similar goods, of course, not a Shars knock off of a Kurt.

Alternatives surely are not cheap.

DIY toolup of a tombstone - which most shops that NEED these can probably do under-roof - is not at all cheap, either, if you track all costs honestly.

They still make The Deuce vises.
Links to the .pdf downloads below

Definitely not The Deuce, though they are similar.

These look modular- like you plug 3 parts onto a fixture plate at whatever length you desire (within the range fo the screw).

I'm always doing small, thin, funky shaped parts. I raid the MiteeBite catalog on a regular basis, but sometimes a vise soft jaw-like grip is the way to go, but that can be hard to easily reproduce in MiteeBite stuff (like- machinable Uniforce clamps are the current best option). I'm always looking for more tricks to add to the toolbox!

Definitely not The Deuce, though they are similar.

These look modular- like you plug 3 parts onto a fixture plate at whatever length you desire (within the range fo the screw).

I'm always doing small, thin, funky shaped parts. I raid the MiteeBite catalog on a regular basis, but sometimes a vise soft jaw-like grip is the way to go, but that can be hard to easily reproduce in MiteeBite stuff (like- machinable Uniforce clamps are the current best option). I'm always looking for more tricks to add to the toolbox!

Greg, check out safeway-vice.com as they have a lot of solutions such as modular systems and micro vices which might work well for production type work on your small parts. Rotary tables and towers also. Cheers, Dean.

Back