wrong axis controller board on fadal machine? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So what did you find out? Power supply? No encoders hooked up because it had scales? what was it ...huh huh?

2. Likes Bobw, jack123529 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I know the answer...the lower part of the 1060-0C board has a resolver test board that should be installed. If you have a newer CPU on an older 1060-0B or you upgraded your 1010- axis controller boards you need to also change the 1060-0b to a 1060-0c and make sure that resolver test board is on there. It is here if you have a slot for it just underneath your mill interface board.

PCB-1

If it is there it may be bad OR need to be reseated or you need another 1060 board with the resolver board. Fadal used to not use these resolver test boards and would have axis run away issues (pre1993)

4. Likes cnctoolcat, jack123529 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    So what did you find out? Power supply? No encoders hooked up because it had scales? what was it ...huh huh?
    i finally got someone to come check it out, the tech guy told me it was a bad x axis motor so we sent it for repairs $1000 usd we got it back and put it back on and it acts the same, the tech guy wont answer my calls, i checked the resolver voltages and now i get x=0.3v y=2.8 z=0.8v i checked the power supply and voltages look ok, i also tried to use it without the scales plugged in but it made no difference, the spindle wont turn on so maybe the last tech guy unplugged it, he said he was going to unplug the fan motor for the spindle because it was blowing a fuse on power on but i think he also unplugged the spindle. Why would it be blowing a fuse on power up? and also the oil pump is not working.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedie View Post
    I know the answer...the lower part of the 1060-0C board has a resolver test board that should be installed. If you have a newer CPU on an older 1060-0B or you upgraded your 1010- axis controller boards you need to also change the 1060-0b to a 1060-0c and make sure that resolver test board is on there. It is here if you have a slot for it just underneath your mill interface board.

PCB-1

If it is there it may be bad OR need to be reseated or you need another 1060 board with the resolver board. Fadal used to not use these resolver test boards and would have axis run away issues (pre1993)
    i checked the 1060 board and it doesn't have that resolver board option and i checked the axis cards, the "x" one looks newer, but if i need to upgrade the 1060 with the resolver board, why did the machine worked ok without it for 2 weeks? i think it's a power issue because of the voltages i get on the resolver cables but the power supply has the voltages looking ok. what could be causing that? i also changed the relays from the back cabinet to the ones on the main but it remains the samedsc03544.jpg
    dsc03545.jpg
    dsc03546.jpg
    dsc03547.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i just tested an older "x" axis board from our other machine and there is no difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

still no luck, i just cant find a good technitian around town