What's new
What's new

Wuick Question For Anybody running a Okuma Genos M560V

captivereef

Plastic
Do new Okumas have any sort of conversational programming built in or is it CAM software programming only for these machines

The mills don't have conversational programming.
Just some standard I-Map stuff for basic things like a bolt hole circle, pocket, facmilling etc...
I think I've used the I-Map stuff 4 times in the 20 years I've been programming Okumas.

They used to have an option for it but I don't know if they still do. We do program out lathe with their "conversational" IGF, it is a little clunky but it does make nice parts and is easy to learn.

If you've got a ~$120k investment in an M560v, spring for the extra $600 for a mid-range laptop and a free copy of Fusion. We can have the "Is Fusion a Toy" debate another day, but for banging out the sort of quick and dirty jobs that on-control programming is designed for? Fusion blows the convoluted conversational control BS out of the water.

If you've got a ~$120k investment in an M560v, spring for the extra $600 for a mid-range laptop and a free copy of Fusion. We can have the "Is Fusion a Toy" debate another day, but for banging out the sort of quick and dirty jobs that on-control programming is designed for? Fusion blows the convoluted conversational control BS out of the water.

I agree it would be great for that. But it would likely not qualify as free.

Back