What's new
What's new

XY Table New England Affiliate

bodlfed66

Plastic
I picked up a xy cnc table today. It is roughly 12x15. It was made by New England affiliate technologies. I thought it may have something I can use for my Cnc router build but it looks like the motors are servo and not stepper? It came with a stationary z axis that is in a u shape has about 4” of travel that looks like it bolts to a work bench. Kinda cool. I was originally going to canabalize it and make a beefy z axis for my build but now I am wondering if I should leave it be. What would one use a Xy table for? It looks like all the electronics to drive it are there except the speed controller for the Precise Branded spindle motor. It even has a Nikon camera that bolts to the z axis with a one off looking fluorescent bulb. The guy I bought it from said he thought they were making circuit boards 20 plus years ago with it?

I thought it may have something I can use for my Cnc router build

Try you query over at seeandseezone.com (I cannot type the web address here,
there is a censoring program in place) substitute the letter "C" for "See",
along with "N" for "and".

See ?

The company in question was know as NEAT. Bought and sold a few times. I think Dover the latest.
Mostly they made ball guide (not linear rail ball) tables which do not take a lot of abuse so lightly loaded.
Manual, steeper and servo drives, very popular in the semiconductor and inspection businesses.
Bob

Back