What's new
What's new

Yasnak MX3 help with memory issues

dbramley

Plastic
I bought an old but awesome Matsuura MC-600V. Learning a lot but still a newbie. Read through entire manual and says it should have a minimum of 256k of memory. I downloaded than deleted all the programs except for one small 5 line home program. Under the program it says it has 31k memory left. I tried to upload a small simple pocketing with outside contour and chamfer program and got memory over run. The guy who had it before me ran a 4th axis on it (not sure if that matters).

Not sure if there are any 8000 or 9000 number programs, and not site where to look for them. I called yaskawa and he ran through a method to clear the memory but had to change some switches on , main pc board, followed by do exactly this or you will erase something else!!! Made me nervous, anyone have any advise.

Thanks so much in advance, noobie but learning
Fast!!

Dan

The MX3 could have a memory as small as 8kb. I have never seen a builder select that small of memory on a mill. If your machine is showing 31-32kb, that is a common size selected by machine builders in that generation of control. Larger memory capacity was an expensive, high margin option from the machine builder.

Both Tulip Electronics and Memex sell memory upgrades for the MX3, up to 1meg.

Last edited:
I bought an old but awesome Matsuura MC-600V. Learning a lot but still a newbie. Read through entire manual and says it should have a minimum of 256k of memory. I downloaded than deleted all the programs except for one small 5 line home program. Under the program it says it has 31k memory left. I tried to upload a small simple pocketing with outside contour and chamfer program and got memory over run. The guy who had it before me ran a 4th axis on it (not sure if that matters).

Not sure if there are any 8000 or 9000 number programs, and not site where to look for them. I called yaskawa and he ran through a method to clear the memory but had to change some switches on , main pc board, followed by do exactly this or you will erase something else!!! Made me nervous, anyone have any advise.

Thanks so much in advance, noobie but learning
Fast!!

Dan

Press the alarm key and scroll thru using the page buttons it should take you to a screen that will show any programs that are loaded in the controller...and also how much memory is available.. thats how my mori
works..

Thanks guys!!! I have been llama king into the drip feed option, I appreciate the link yardbird. The manual says 256k, but I very well could be mistaken. I called yaskawa and man I spoke with said sounds wrong. He gave me a procedure of setting switch just below battery rom7 then turn on. I got lost in his accent my ignorance of the subject. I think I will call back and ask him while I am in front of the machine.

So to be safe I tried to output the parameters, it outputted them in NC. Should they be output in some other format?

Again, thank you for taking the time to help me, I feel like I will have to write, load, run, then delete a program for each operation!

Dan

Cmccull166, I looked and only program listed is one small 5 line program to home machine. Would any 8000 or 9000 programs be listed here? Could there be programs hidden? Like macros etc.

Thanks,

Dan

The alarm/page down shows all programs in the memory. Macros will typically be 9000 series and are not hidden in this view. They can be locked out by parameter setting so you can not edit them though. If the machine has probing or a tool setter then there may be programs in the 8000 range. Again they would show in the screen and can not be hidden.

The rotary switch on 7 and power up accesses a maintenance mode where the control can have various portions of memory cleared or the entire system generated. Generation in Yasnac speak is like formatting a hard disk. It will know it's a CNC, but it will be totally empty of all parameters including the PLC parameters. Without great backups that can be very difficult to recover from. Work in that mode very carefully and if you don't understand some part of it don't try it.

Thanks, I don't understand anything in that mode, and it makes me nervous. I suspect that if nothing has s hidden then 32k may be it. Looking at Memex memory upgrade. I don't mind moving programs on and off but as is I can not even make a simple pocket and clean it up on one program. Thanks to all who have given their help, I am sure I will have many future questions.

Regards,

Dan

I have the dame machine and it has 31k of available memory when there are no programs in it. Even when you drip feed (it's 4800 or 9600 baud) it chokes on code.

So, looks like memory upgrade time for me, mncomputer is talking to the machine just fine. I downloaded the parameters using NCLink. The parameters downloaded in NC format with number lines and everything. Is this correct or do I need some form of text editor? If so is there one you would recommend? I just don't want to screw this up if possible��.

Thanks again,

Noobie

Thanks Steveo, may be time to look into a memory upgrade.

Dan

I used this machine for years with the machine memory and drip feeding.If you are doing simple parts with out surfacing or high speed tool paths, it works great. I have done a lot of surfacing with it as well, you just have to simplify your code.

Here is a sample, thanks for everyone's help. Weather is awesome here these days,80+\-!!!

IMG_0718.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0718.jpg
    IMG_0718.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 159
No expert but my stock MX2 has a small memory, its got over a100 grams and still has room?

something seems wrong, what i have no clue.
the folks here can fix it for you,way smart they are if you can hold their attention.
Gw

Yeah, it's an old thread but ... I saw a rebuilt JANCD-MM21-5, 1 meg board on the Nexas site, $1350, for some that's more than the cost of the machine but it seems there's no other option except wait for a board to come up on fleaBay for ~$750.

I found a JANCD-MM21-4 with 256k and downloaded the Memex installation instructions, will those work considering that the Memex board is 1 meg or would there be different parameter settings?

Last edited:

Back