What's new
What's new

Aciera 6T and its wiring

wakrocket

Aluminum
I have an Aciera 6T, three phase, but there are 6 wires... New to me machine.

I have hooked up the three phase to the 4 wires, but I get nothing.. The other two wires
are red, and I have no clue how to wire this machine to get it running.
Does anyone have a drill press like this , and can give me advice.
Not being an electrical genius, I can not figure this out on my own.
Thanks

Bill

Hello there,

I've a 6T1s (single head, table mount, without coolant "gutter") with a manual. It has a two speed motor. In my variant a power on / speed selector switch is located in the drill head. I believe the 6T1 has a speed selector in the head and a power switch in the base. I can upload a picture of the wiring diagram in a few days.

Does your have a single speed or a multi speed motor?

Here's a manual for the 13T1s hosted by Anglo-Swiss Tools.

(I tried uploading it to this site for increased link longevity, but the file size limit for pdfs is a meagre 19.5kB.)

See page 39 for an overall wiring diagram. Unfortunately it does not show the workings of the speed selector. It is marked a2 in the diagram and "commutateur Dahlander". Here is a wiring diagram for such motors.

Have you got access to a multimetre?

Magnus

Magnus, thanks for the reply.
I have a meter, and kind of know how to use it. You are correct, the speed selector is in the drill head, and another switch on the base.
I have the multispeed motor. I will look at the manual you have set up, and will really appreciate the receipt of the wiring diagram. In
fact If you find the time and inclination, I will gladly buy a copy of the manual from you.
Thanks again for your help.
wak

I looked at the manual you posted, and that is just great.
I also have a model 21, and the manual you posted is infinitely better at explaining the way
the mechanism works that the manual I have. Once again, I would love to get a paper copy, and
repeat my offer to buy.

Thanks
wak

Hello again wak,

many apologies for my belated reply.

I've put together a copy of the manual. I had no scanner available so I used a camera.

You can get the manual through this link: http://didakt.no/static/Aciera_6_T1s_1972_manual.pdf

The switch wiring diagram for the Dahlander motor is located on page 34 of the pdf.

I rather like the work Aciera put into this manual. The descriptions are good and the drawings are beautiful. The lubrication table is amusing: Vactra 2, 4 and Isoflex LDS 18 special A, yet for the column they reccommend: Mixture of Molykote G paste and tallow. (I skipped the tallow and used a different Molykote paste.)

I made up a little key for the height adjustment. Other end fits in a cordless drill. Makes it a lot quicker.

I hope the manual will be of use to you.

How's the 22VA? They seem very nice with the quick tool change and variable transmission. I recently got a 10 T1, though it is missing the feed lever, spring and related parts.

EDIT: Adding this link to Dahlander motor description. The page has the below diagram describing the motor winding connections:

Dahlander.png

If you're handy with a multimeter you might figure out the wires by measuring the resistance between them.

Back