What's new
What's new

CRT change deckel FP3 NC

baz38

Plastic
Hello everyone,

It is the first time that I post on this exciting forum but I read it for several years and I often found answer to my interrogations. Thank you for sharing.

My friends and I for our hobbies are trying to restore and restart 'an FP 3 NC deckel milling machine from 1986 dialog4.
After repairing NSV 56, which was faulty, we have to change the CRT which does not work anymore.
Before directly changing the CRT at high price by an adaptable LCD screen we would like to try the intermediate solution with a video converter and a conventional screen. We do not have the necessary knowledge in electronics. Has any of you recently made this change? What kind of equipment do I need to buy?

Thank you for reading me, sorry for the translation of google that should not be very good.

Happy new year 2018

Baz38

Attachments

• deckel barnay 005.jpg
    deckel barnay 005.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 166
Hello Baz

Nice to see a neighboor here !
I'm not sure the machine you have is the right tool for people lacking some serious skills in electrics and electronics, but if there is a place where you can hope for some valuable help (and you don't speak german), it's this very forum... ;)
Best of luck !

Hello TNB,

Thank for your hello, you are now interested in deckel milling NC?:)

Sorry for my ignorance but anyone can tell me where hides the BNC connector plugged with the CRT on the console?

Regards
Baz

Last edited:
Sorry for my ignorance but anyone can tell me where hides the BNC connector plugged with the CRT on the console?
Baz

Typically underneath the Operator console, behind the connector for the MPG (remote hand wheel).

BNC connector.jpg

Hello,
thank you for your answer, on your good advice I went to see the milling machine and I managed to take photos (not easy with the tablet lying under the console) and I discovered the BNC connector ... Isn't it?

It is now necessary to find the right converter and the adapted screen, you would have recommendations?

Regards
Baz

Hi Baz
Looks like you found it- that's the correct connector and location.

I've had good results connecting a regular television/monitor mounted on top of the console or on a cart next to the machine, I have not needed a "format" converter, just the correct cable from the Deckel console (BNC plug) to the television (usually RCA male plug). Should be able to find an inexpensive, off the shelf coaxial cable, if you can't find BNC-RCA, you can use coaxial RCA to RCA cable and a BNC adaptor on one end.

Commercial LCD/TFT monitors modified to fit inside and console and utilize factory power connections are available from a number of vendors in German Ebay, usually cost around 900-1100 Euros.

Hello Colt45

With your explanations we will try to connect an external screen. The goal is to test the machine before buying an LCD screen.
Can we have any error messages with an external display connected to the BNC connector?

Can you tell me what are the other 2 outputs at the bottom of the console?

Thank you very much

Best regards
Baz

Attachments

• sorties.jpg
    sorties.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 160
Connector in the back of your photo, with the clamp around it is for an encoder if you have a 4th axis.
Usually shows as "C" on your monitor. Requires an NZP axis card and possibly a Heidenhain EXE-XXX box, depending on which encoder is connected.

The Ribbon Connector in the front is usually a "DB" style connector (I think DB-25 if iI recall correctly), typically for RS232 data transmission of programs back and forth to the Dialog control.

Hello,
Thank you for this information, I'm looking for good cable and good screen, I'll keep you informed.
Baz

Back