What's new
What's new

Date a Aciera F5 with serial number?

EnzioRDM

Plastic
Hi all!
I have a Aciera F5 that I am currently rebuilding with the entire machine dissabled to a million parts :) and just interested to date my machine.

There is no what so ever sign on the machine But the serial number that is 46471, anybody know how to date this?

Hi all!
I have a Aciera F5 that I am currently rebuilding with the entire machine dissabled to a million parts :) and just interested to date my machine.

There is no what so ever sign on the machine But the serial number that is 46471, anybody know how to date this?

Hello Enzio

You could check F5 ads on the Swiss meta-search site trademachines.ch, or, kindly inquire at the usual suspects for this in Switzerland like:

roesli-maschinen.ch

haessig-maschinen.ch

or

luthymac.ch

The last three are known to have "some" "private" lists.

Best,

Stefan

BTW: were did you then find that number on your machine when there is no sign (photo would help clarify this)?

Hi Stefan,
Alright that´s good, i´ll start there.
The serial number, or at least what I guess that it is, is stamped on top of the Z-axis column.
Sorry But I don´t have a picture on this computer.

I quess you don´t have a machine label either :( It seems to be missing on quite a few Acieras that I have seen, I just don´t understand why people rip these of.

So my machine might be a early 1980s. I´ll keep looking and comparing some machines, It would be interesting know.
I haven´t seen any indication on casting parts that would indicate a manufacturing year. Strange..

All my other machines from different brands have manufacturing labels with a lot of information among the manufacturing year, So maybe Aciera just didn´t do that.

IF these Aciera numbers are serial for all items made by Aciera:
an F3 42079 is dated 26-Feb-1974
an F3 44935 is dated 26-Jun-1975
with the dates wrtten on the delivery control cards in the manual
Exptrapolating for 46471 gives about Mar 1976.

But a very late F3 does have year (and more info) on label plate (eg 54675 is an F3 marked with "Année/Baujahr 1983")

cheers, Charles

Based on those F3 dates it is very likely that my machine is about March 1976, cool to know.
Now i have a picture of the placement of the serial number, as I mentioned on top of the Z-axis column.
Aciera-Serial-Number.jpg

The F3 has the same coolant pump as I do, the Siemens 2AB1 and those F3:s came 1985 if I understand the list correct. If the same applies to the F5 that they changed to Siemens pumps during that time so my F5 might be from that time too.

Thank you for the tips and help dating my machine. I will continue to search to get as close as possible.

Back