What's new
What's new

Is Deckel Doctor still in business ? Also, presume Sean is MIA again...

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Don't really need to speak with either, just curious....

Also wonder if Maho Doctor ever sold his old inventory (in total) to anyone...seems unlikely...

Don't really need to speak with either, just curious....

Also wonder if Maho Doctor ever sold his old inventory (in total) to anyone...seems unlikely...

Spoke with Don a few weeks ago, sounded like business as usual. He was on his way to service an old Deckel at the time we spoke.

Karl is alive and well ! Hey Mr Milacron , would you by chance have a tool holder that would fit a Maho 600E ? I have a machine with no tool holders , I have some tool holders I think might fit it ? But really not sure , the machine is not under power yet , but sometime in the future it will be . Would like to have some tooling ready for it , and need one to compare . Thanks ED

Karl is alive and well ! Hey Mr Milacron , would you by chance have a tool holder that would fit a Maho 600E ? I have a machine with no tool holders , I have some tool holders I think might fit it ? But really not sure , the machine is not under power yet , but sometime in the future it will be . Would like to have some tooling ready for it , and need one to compare . Thanks ED
If you don't have a tool changer all you need is standard issue CAT or BT40 and the appropriate pull studs. If you have tool changer you might need the SK40 type with a notch in the flange and I'm fresh out of those.

I spoke to Karl in the last month he is moving to Texas to be near his other family. His son also moved to Texas.Karl is going to retire.
Again ? He already retired once and then after a few years of farming and mucking about officially un-retired. Probably for real this time though. How about you...any retirement plans ? Some nervous Deckel owners await your response on that :ill:;)

As an aside, ever hear of a place in Conway called "Dreamworks" ? Did classic auto restorations and some job shop work..... I bought one the two Romi CNC lathes from there after the bank took them over due to lease default. They actually had an auction first and I was sick I missed it as I figured these nearly brand new CNC lathes probably went for nothing due to small time auctioneer who mostly did estate and antique furniture auctions and had no clue about machine tools. But turns out the bank had a reserve on them and neither lathe actually sold at the auction....thank goodness.

DD was here in Diamond, Ohio He drove 12.5 hours and spent 65 hours working on my Deckel FPNC machines.
He worked non stop (except to help a guy out in 4 hours away get his machine running while we waited for new relays) He is truly the Deckel Doctor. I think he has a P.H.D. in Deckelology. It was a pleasure and a privelege to work next to you these last few weeks **Thanks, Don**
Dave

I need some more threaded plugs to go in the end of the R8 tools I use on my FP1 when using the Deckeldaptor but I cannot find the website anymore? Suggestions please.

To find them on German ebay, look for "anzugsbolzen deckel". They are small and light enough that most vendors should ship them worldwide.

Hello Doc,
I badly need your advice at repairing my Deckel FP3A NC, in Hungary, Europe.
The machine is equiped with Grundig Dialog 3, which developed an error code 21, recently. As far as I understood this code means either a checksum error at one of the EPROMs on card NPP54, or the card itself is defective.
I have read all 27128 EPROMs out and have saved the data in files.
What I could read from the stickers on the chips is: 44206-482.40 SW Rel 2.10
and the checksum values for the 8 EPROMs were:
IC25 A 0x80CF
IC26 B 0xFDCB
IC27 C 0x8157
IC28 D 0x07C7
IC29 E 0x5D65
IC30 F 0xD3DF
IC41 G 0xA6E0
IC40 H 0x7876

It would be very good to know if the error lays in the EPROMs or in the card itself.
Thanks in advance, Laszlo

Hello I writing from Sweden. I write to Deckel doctor but no answer. Have anyone seen him?

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Back