What's new
What's new

Deckel FP machine plastic side covers

TurboMachine

Plastic
Does anyone know what the plastic side covers on an FP4NC are made of? Is it possible to make new ones? Does anyone want to sell theirs? Mine were damaged beyond repair by a previous person moving the machine. Thank you.

Side covers are made from "Fragile Crap"....Fails if looked at sternly and does not seem to age well....Terrible choice from a company that was aiming at making high end machines!

Have repaired a number of panels using epoxy , fiberglass resin,mat and bondo. Surfaces are flat and broken out and missing sections can be bridged or replicated....
Have built jigs (frames) to locate the bolt holes so i could patch/glue a broken (i mean shattered) panel.
There have been a number of machines scrapped on this board and i keep a eye out for the panels. Have bought some that were marginally better than what i already had.
Sorry, no spare FP4NC panels here.

I have asked the usual German suspects about replacements, seems that if there are any replacements, the Germans are reluctant to let them go....Might be a good thing in a way because i doubt weather one could ship those panels here from Germany and have them arrive intact....One could easily pay dearly for some panels with shipping only to receive a nice box of dust and shards.

Think a good fiberglass guy could easily make a replacement if he had a sample that was relatively complete, even if it was just patched together it could provide a pattern..

Cheers Ross

To me it looks like a dence PUR foam
I glued that type of material with PUR glue and filled the missing parts with a 2 compound PUR with microballs as a filler Lotts of microballs to reduce weight

Peter

Think a good fiberglass guy could easily make a replacement if he had a sample that was relatively complete, even if it was just patched together it could provide a pattern..

Cheers Ross

+1. There's probably enough need for it to pay, if someone saw fit to make the investment. I sold a pair of damaged panels for ~ $300, new more durable ones should be worth much more than that.

I would love to have a set of "NATURAL" Carbon Fiber panels for my machines....
Cheers Ross

I can imagine you have the connections to get it done, eh? Would have a huge Oh Wow factor for your customers. :)

Leave the holes for the big rubber plugs out of my set, please.

Yes, i am with you on the side hole and plugs.....
If i need to move a Deckel, i remove the panels first so there is no real need fro the holes IMO....
Cheers Ross

Fiberglass is an option. I could make a mold. There is also the option of making them out of sheet metal... Has anyone else done that?

I would use a 2 compound PUR resin to make the molds and the same material with microball filler to make the panels
And I would make the holes for the lifting bar a bit bigger or better positioned So the lifting bar does not destroy the panel

Back