What's new
What's new

Deckel FP1 2102 1992 2 of them

Thanks to TNB I got hold of 2 Deckel FP1 in the north of France
The seller insisted on COD So me and a employer who speaks some French went over to France
After a couple of hours we arrived
And here it was where the machines were stored
attachment.php

At the time we arrived it was lunchtime in France
So we had to wait more as an hour before the owner of the key came back from lunch
And there they were
attachment.php

attachment.php

Inside this building with all kind of buildingmaterials stored

attachment.php

The electrical cabinets were still at the sellers home
We did collect them and put them in my van

I arranged with my forwarder to be there at a 14.00Hrs
At 14.15 the truck arrived

attachment.php

And it even was equiped with a tailgate So we did not have to use the old forktruck

attachment.php

attachment.php

Within 15 minutes the machines were loaded and half a hour after he arrived the truck left again

attachment.php

a couple of days later the machines arrived at my shop

Partial teardown for cleaning

attachment.php

attachment.php

We checked if all worked and it turned out the Labod drive did not work
So we send it out to Unitek/Labod to repair
It was all fixed for about €250,-
All black oxide parts were redone

Finding these "needles'' takes a Lott of effort
You have to keep looking on those websites several times a day Day in day out
Its part of my daily routine
If we would have been 10minutes later we probably would have missed it
The guy told me later on he was whelmed with phone calls
TNB helped me out enormously
We noticed the ad about the same time

Peter, this is interesting, in line with where are the " drawings, see Bentley1930 s thread " , guild like, understandable from some point of view, for sure it is not about competition here, but for sharing of knowledge,
I do not expect you to agree, but, just my point of view...

best,

Stefan

Peter is running a business. The only purpose that would serve would be to increase his competition, which would increase his prices both to acquire and sell equipment.

Peter, this is interesting, in line with where are the " drawings, see Bentley1930 s thread " , guild like, understandable from some point of view, for sure it is not about competition here, but for sharing of knowledge,

best,

Stefan

It is most certainly about competition. Peter is a machinery dealer. His sources and methods are his trade secret. I hope you can understand that. The knowledge of where to buy Deckel gems in the rough is totally different than the knowledge on some old Deckel drawing, but both are somebody's intellectual property.

No.........

Peter is spot on here.....Similar in my world. Doing the work is only a portion of the whats needed. Having a handle on sources of reliable parts, information and services is
priceless, and takes years to develop, including mistakes that are always expensive.

To quote a friend "Knowledge is expensive"

Great looking job on the machine by the way...Nice score!
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers Ross

Finding these "needles'' takes a Lott of effort
You have to keep looking on those websites several times a day Day in day out
Its part of my daily routine
If we would have been 10minutes later we probably would have missed it
The guy told me later on he was whelmed with phone calls
TNB helped me out enormously
We noticed the ad about the same time
When I was actively buying machinery I did the same, had some sites that I checked numerous times throughout the day. Got an Optima drill grinder seriously decked out with chucks collets grinding wheels and hubs for 600 bucks one day.

It was listed about 15 minutes before I called the guy. He was a couple of hours away, left immediately. When I got there he told me he'd had a couple dozen inquiries in the two hours with offers around 10 times his asking price. He was cool and said it's mine, but he did ask if I was planning to resell. Told him no but if I did I'd split the profit with him. We had a laugh and I've had killer drills ever since.

Sometimes the time it takes to log in is enough to lose that sweet deal. I know Peter's been doing this professionally for a long time but for us less hardened folk losing out on that unicorn find can be painful.

best,

Stefan

Peter shares a lot of his knowledge here! [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back