What's new
What's new

Deckel FP3A TNC320 Machine Parameters Lost

Pedro Fernandez

Plastic
Hello,

We have a Deckel FP3A with Heidenhain TNC 320 Control. The machine was working fine since 1986, but last year some electronic problems started. First the X axis control card failed, we looked for a second hand card and we replaced it. This works for three months, but now the control has lost the machine parameters. The original information was printed and we have lost those pappers. Either we don't have any floppy disk.

So, we would appreciate if someone could provide these parameters, in order to start again the machine.

Thanks

1986 Deckel with a HH 320 my guess is this is a retro fit machine...Not factory to my knowledge. As such it will be somewhat unique......

Would contact FPS in Germany as they have done some retro's with this control i believe.
Would be surprised if anyone on this board could help on your parameters.
Cheers Ross

1986 Deckel with a HH 320 my guess is this is a retro fit machine...Not factory to my knowledge. As such it will be somewhat unique......

Would contact FPS in Germany as they have done some retro's with this control i believe.
Would be surprised if anyone on this board could help on your parameters.
Cheers Ross

Hello AlfaGTA,

We are from Spain, and when we acquire the machine from Deckel Spain (in 1986), they have retro-fit the machine, changing the original cnc control Dialog 11 to a Heidenhain TNC 320. Apparently this change was a common practice here in Spain, the workshops prefered Heidenhain CNC Controls.
We have contact to Deckel Spain and they say that they don't have the parameters, but they will ask to Deckel Germany. We are still waiting the answer.

Googling I've found in this forum some users of Deckel FP3A and if they could send us the list of 340 parameter values we could try to turn on again the machine.

Thanks

Hello Peter,

Yes, the parameters are on a eprom memory, but they were lost overnight. Next time we turn on the machine, machine parameters were a list of zeros. From the manual we can enter some of them, but all the other parameters are unknown. We can change them by means of the button key, but it doesn't work. Now, when we turn on the machine, on the screen for doing the machine home, it makes a slightly movement on the X axis, and a "Great Position Error" apears. We have tried some combinations of parameters, but we need the list of 340 parameters and values from any Deckel FP3A to try out, so we can turn on again the machine.

Thanks

The controle might have lost the parameters but its possible they are still on the eprom
Look in your manual how to load the parameters from the eprom on your controle
You need a code for that I think
Another way is to call HH and ask if the parameters are on a Eprom and which one is that
Then look at that parameter and see what nr is on it
Perhaps you can order that Eprom from HH but probbably you have to get it from DMG or perhaps FPS

Peter

Back