What's new
What's new

Deckel head

ome.machining

Aluminum
Hi deckel guys 😁

Just a quick question.

A head like this, what are the main purpose with it? (Whats it used for) And what can it be expected to cost in a sale?

Best regards
118bdb5a5aac0c5d894fd44a65a5e2b3.jpg

e351c9fc78b7121fc17d7aa2dc519ba1.jpg

0fe6944729158fcaa12f41a883edae86.jpg

drilling and boring.....which the regular vertical head can do as well, but this one is better made for that purpose. Was used on the Deckel LK jig boring machine as well...although these days the vertical head is worth more than the machine !

It can run as fast as the High Speed head - to 6300 RPM.

It can be used for normal manual drilling with a lever, fine manual drilling using a wheel
and drilling with downfeed.

And it can't be used on an FP1 (unless you have a very rare raising block).

Because of the angular contact bearings used, you can't just rip off metal like a standard vertical head.

It's usually not cheap, but I don't know, if it can be used with your Prvomajska.

(BTW, why have you listed your country as Andorra?)

Cheers
Erik

Hi again
And thanks for your replys

I do live in Andorra now Erik.
No, just kiddin, i dont know. I will change it asap.

I'm 99% sure it won't fit my Prvomajska. Not the same size on the ways and gear are different. 😢

In a sale, would the price be with two, or three zeros behind? Or is this a non popular head, and not worth anything?

Best regards

Looking for market value suggest you check out Singer's site .....i am sure he has a precision boring head or two..for sale ..
His price will be for a "like new" item...refurbished or NOS....so going price for a sale for one in your condition , likely would be at 1/2 to 1/4 what singer is asking...

Ballpark guess would be $800.00 to 1200.00. Value has everything to do with condition and yours is an unknown so value will suffer ...additionally, the kicker is that head is heavy and shipping will run the price up, so that will likely affect the final sale price if not the deal altogether.
Cheers Ross

Looking for market value suggest you check out Singer's site .....i am sure he has a precision boring head or two..for sale ..
His price will be for a "like new" item...refurbished or NOS....so going price for a sale for one in your condition , likely would be at 1/2 to 1/4 what singer is asking...
Does Singer sell the fabric bellows for those heads ? If so, any idea what they cost ?

Not justifying the price, but the boring head bellows are quite a bit more complex because they are made to form a complete closed loop (oval)
Which means each in and out segment must be separate and stitched individually together for each fold....Plus there is quite a bit of waste as each fold is cut out as an oval ring...

The regular way bellows are more or less flat and made from flat sheet with little loss.

Note the cost on that same page for the cylindrical bellows shown above the boring head version...similar in construction and similar in price.
Cheers Ross

Holy cow....that probably is it unfortunately.... but what a painful price....wonder why the X and Y axis bellows are so reasonable in comparison ?

I was going to say you should be sitting down, but figured since you've ordered some parts from Singer in the past, you were well aware. ;)

That is a pretty hefty price, but I suspect it's the only place you could find it. If you search on Singer's site for "Balg", it's amazing how many he has. I suspect he has someone make them for him.

I was going to say you should be sitting down, but figured since you've ordered some parts from Singer in the past, you were well aware. ;)

That is a pretty hefty price, but I suspect it's the only place you could find it. If you search on Singer's site for "Balg", it's amazing how many he has. I suspect he has someone make them for him.
A lot of Singer Deckel parts are pretty reasonable, often even less than I would have expected.....but this one....sheesh...seem like I once bought an entire LK with that head and cabinet of tooling for not much more than that....plus the bellows were in perfect condition !

A lot of Singer Deckel parts are pretty reasonable, often even less than I would have expected.....but this one....sheesh...seem like I once bought an entire LK with that head and cabinet of tooling for not much more than that....plus the bellows were in perfect condition !

I agree, some things such as screw nuts are pretty reasonable, at least enough to detour fabricating your own...

He has an electrical cabinet for an LK that is priced at 4k EUROS... :scratchchin:

But if you needed one for a production shop, where else could you really find one unless you can find one on ebay ?

Same with the Bellows is my guess...

Back