What's new
What's new

deckel model information, looking at a fp1

sam_stlouis

Cast Iron
Is there a good resource that talks about the different models ans what they had to offer. I have searched a bit on here, but at this point am still not sure what all im looking at.

I am looking at a fp1, on the tag it says friedrich deckel munchen, fp1 2100 340741
they want 2200, does not come with any other tooling or accessories just what is in picture. Im not in a hurry, so if it is not the right mill I will pass, how often do the vertical heads come up for sale, and how much do they usually go for.
thanks
samdeckel.jpg

Sam,
That's my machine, I'll let someone else answer your questions though. I will say I don't know anyone in the area that messes around with them, Kansas city area and Chicago but I know of no one in St. Louis.
Dan

Quite a lot of info:

Deckel FP1 Milling Machines

Vertical heads do show up on ebay etc. But it is actually very useful a a horizontal machine since the horizontal spindle moves in Y and thus you really have all the 3 axis in milling.

Thanks to everyone you have given me some good info. I have liked the idea of a deckel for a couple years, but since I never really see them come up for sale close to me I never did enough research.

As a home machinist and bicycle frame builder(amatuer hopeing to be professional one day) I dont need a full machine shop, but do need certain tools for what I want. I have a pretty rough bridgeport now, and thought with a deckel with vertical head I could use it for general milling, in addition to its ability to do other things, and retire my shitty old mill to a permanant proprietary setup. Without a vertical head I think I would still end up looking for a vertical head or another bridgeport. So I will need to think this one over.
Dan thats pretty funny I ask about a machine on here and you find Im asking about your machine, I will email you in a day or two after I think about it some.
thanks to everyone,
sam

Back